Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cruel & unusual punishment...

or just some heavy-handed encouragement?

Annie and I were meeting my mom and sisters for a day of holiday bazaaring (I just made up a new verb!). I kept telling Annie to get in the shower and she kept saying that she didn't want to take a shower until tonight. But she needed one this morning.

So while she was lying on the floor whining that she didn't want a shower, I calmly walked over and poured a tall glass of water on her head. I even was nice enough to make sure it wasn't ice cold.

She laughed at first, but when she saw me laughing, she turned on the tears and yelled "You're the worst mom in the world!"

Maybe I shouldn't have laughed, but I thought it was a clever response to her defiance.

7 comments:

Annie said...

stop using tht word!!!!!!! u ANNOY me

love u 2

stewbert said...

sounds like my 10-year-old tonight ... "why do you HATE me???"

Annie said...

Too funny!! I probably would have done the same thing. :) I love that you labeled this one with "creative parenting"! LOL!

Sharon said...

I like it. Sometimes you can't help but laugh.
Like when my 5yo tells me he'll never again be let out of time-out for HIS WHOLE LIFE!
How can i not laugh?

Anonymous said...

you are a murderer of love

Amy said...

OMGosh Anonymous! LOVE that movie and that line. LOL!

Momza said...

WOOHOO! GO MAMA!