Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sundays in My City: Specially ordinary

Unknown Mami


Location: In a gorgeous backyard somewhere in Indianapolis, Indiana

Occasion: None. Just girlfriends getting together to enjoy each other's company.

So imagine my surprise when I walked into my friend Bonnie's backyard to this beautiful scene:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The food was just as spectacular -- make-your-own grilled pizza, grilled pineapple, fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, fruit pizza, and fancy cupcakes.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Better than the scene or the food was the company. I've known this group of women through activities at church for a long time, though I've not really been social with most of them. But my wise friend Ann has been kind enough to invite me to join these ladies for a prayer group and for social events known as "porch therapy."  This latest gathering had us laughing until we were crying well into the night.

I'm generally a no-frills kind of girl, but I was surprised to see how special this ordinary evening felt just because of a few details like flowers on the table, cloth napkins, food not served straight from the bag.

That's Sunday in my city. What's happening in yours? Visit Unknown Mami to see what's happening in other cities.

8 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Nothing much today. Church (yay!), then my husband is going off to show some houses, I hope to run and then draw a rudimentary knitting pattern. Gleep, running, math and knitting--each one a nemesis in its own way.

Here's hoping I conquer at least one task!

The dinner looks lovely. Porch therapy, I love it!

Mez said...

What a gorgeous get together and lovely pics!

sheila said...

Wow! That's a fancy get together! LOVE those cupcakes! (I actually went back and looked a second time, lol)

How fun!
Oh! and that pizza looks wonderful!

Cyndy Bush said...

YUM! Next time can I get an invite??

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way to spend a day. It is lovely when someone adds a special touch or two to make the day even more memorable. Have a great week.

Rachel said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! I'm jealous!

Sandra said...

I'll tell you right now, Sunday in my city did not taste as good as Sunday in yours! And those cupcakes are too pretty to eat...but I'd eat one anyway.

Claudya Martinez said...

Look at all those special touches! These ladies are keepers.