I'm not sure where it came from. Yesterday was a pretty good day -- lots of Go Red for Women fun stuff (clothes, makeup, working out with Kyle) and a much-needed evening in with girlfriends. Plus, today is the first sunny day we've had in a while.
Yet, I'm still feeling out of sorts and a bit like I might cry. Let's examine the anatomy of a funk:
- Husband recently downsized and the reality of that sinking in.
- Cat needing sudden and not inexpensive surgery (Is it bad that I was weighing whether or not we should pay for the procedure or go for the cheaper, more final route?)
- House a crazy mess and activities every night of the week that are keeping us from getting a handle on it.
- Collision of the pressure of wanting/needing to lose 10 more pounds before the Go Red for Women luncheon in 4 weeks and the feeling that I'm losing steam in doing the things I need to do to get me there.
- A good friend's baby and a teacher's spouse both critically ill.
Ok. So what can I do about it?
- Pray. (Check!)
- Eat something. (Not advisable in light of the 4th point above, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that French fries might help.)
- Blog. (That always seems to help.)
- Go to the gym. (Headed there soon.)
- Hope that tomorrow is a better day.