Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 15, 2010

It's all my mom's fault

Last week I broke a tooth -- or broke off a filling that was on the tooth, I'm not quite sure which -- and it's all my mom's fault.

I broke the tooth when I was chewing on ice.

I was chewing on ice because I'm anemic.

I'm anemic because I take Nexium, which inhibits iron absorption.

I take Nexium for esophagus-searing acid reflux. Seriously, I'd give up the internet before I gave up my Nexium.

I get my esophagus-searing acid reflux from my mother. Not that she gives me heartburn. I mean that her genes cursed my esophagus. My brother's too.

And that is why it's my mother's fault that I broke my tooth.

Unless you want to argue it's bad teeth. Those are my dad's fault.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

ROFLOL! My mom does give me heartburn. :P

Linda said...

I chewed ice for years before I found out it was a behavior related to anemia. I got very ill and now the anemia is fixed and I can't believe I used to chew ice like that. I have multiple fillings and a root canal that are totally the fault of the ice chewing.

Please try to take care of your anemia somehow!

Linda

http://leadingahealthylife.blogspot.com/

varangianguard said...

Lucky your Mayo Clinic diagnosis eliminated these other potential causes.

"The desire to chew ice cubes may also be a symptom of iron-deficiency anemia or other physical or emotional conditions, such as nutritional deficiencies, stress, obsessive-compulsive disorder, or developmental disorders".

lol

Joanie said...

I get acid reflux too. Thank goodness for Prevacid.

Sharon said...

Hilarious!!!
It's like a Dr. Seuss book meets....can't think of it. But another awesome author. ;)
sorry about your tooth. I say blame both your parents & call it even!

Anonymous said...

My MIL chews ice NON-STOP! I drives me nuts. Thank goodness she lives in another country.