Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Seasons of love


525,600 minutes in a year. That means as of tomorrow, my grandparents will have been married for 34,187,040 minutes (if I accounted for the leap years correctly).

To save you from having whip out your calculators or engage in mental math, that is 65 years.

Photobucket

SIXTY-FIVE YEARS!

13 children. More than 30 grandchildren (I've lost count). Who knows how many great-grandchildren, but probably more than 2 dozen.

I asked them at their celebration last night what the secret to 65 years of marriage is. My grandpa said "Lots of love." My grandma said "I fed him lots of good food."

I'm pretty sure both responses are resounding truth.

5 comments:

kimybeee said...

that is so sweet!!

Sharon said...

How amazing! Congrats to them. What a sweet picture. :) And your grandpa looks pretty stylish.

Joanie said...

Congratulations to your dear grandparents! 65 years! Now THAT is impressive!

Nate's Mom said...

Wow. I believe my great-grandparents were married 67 years when he passed away. She lived to see 2 of her great-great grandchildren, including my oldest son. Treasure them and take lots of pictures.

Sheri in CA

Anonymous said...

So cute. Sadly, all my grandparents have passed.