Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, March 18, 2012

If money were no object

Photobucket

I would...
  1. Get a pedicure every week.
  2. Get a manicure every other week.
  3. Hire a personal chef to make dinner 5 nights a week.
  4. Take a family vacation somewhere amazing once a year.
  5. Tip 50% of the total bill when we eat out.
  6. Work out with a personal trainer twice a week.
  7. Make anonymous donations of cash to people who inspire me.
  8. Be more generous to the organizations we already support.
  9. Have fresh flower arrangements delivered to my house weekly.
  10. Buy my parents two new cars.
  11. Become a professional volunteer.
  12. Still make my kids get jobs when they are in high school.
If money were no object, what would you do?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Pay off my kids student loans.

Kristin said...

Besides paying off the mortgage, setting aside for college and retirement, my husband and I have always said we would set up a foundation that supports youth serving agencies. Here's the funny part though. After years of working for them ourselves, we decided we wouldn't fund programs. We would fund the stuff no one can get money for: a new septic system, a new van to transport kids, New windows for your building so it can be warm in the winter and cool in the summer, a new walk in refrigerator for camp, etc....these are all the things that are no "fun" to fund (who wants their name on a septic system?), that we had problems getting, and that never make it into the capital budget!

Ami said...

I would buy a house on Lake Michigan in Saugatuck/South Haven area.

Eternal Lizdom said...

I would start a foundation to support moms going through hard times- kind of like the trustee's office but better. Need help paying a utility? Done. Mortgage? Done. Need food? Done.

I would also love to buy a small subdivision- own every house and be able to rent them out to families who just need a little help. Keep the rent low and offer services to help improve lives through education, job opportunity networking, child care, and so on.

Would make sure my church never again faced the financial struggles we've had in our past few years.

And I would love to be able to travel freely- have cabins and lakehouses in various places that we could go whenever we wanted to.

At the same time... I would want to make sure my kids still learned the value of money and what it can do so they would be spending time working for the foundation and in that community I want to build.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Everyone's thoughts are so good, now I can't think of anything. I would pamper myself a little bit just like your list. My parents have died, so I can't buy them cars...

Hm.

Travel more, yes.

Give more, absolutely.

Sharon said...

Of course pay off all debt and set up my kids' financial future...
I'd love to travel. I'd like trips w/ just my husband, and then family trips.
I'd also love to join you in a weekly pedicure. :) That sounds heavenly!