Honestly, I had to think a minute about my pet peeves. I'm not even sure if these qualify. What differentiates a pet peeve from something that just bugs you? Are they one and the same? Either way, here is what stands on my last nerve with size 13 work boots:
- Intelligent, educated people using ghetto language. For instance, a bright 15-year-old girl I know will write on her Facebook page: Qurl, which I think translates to "Girl." So why not just write the obvious?
- Arrogant chefs on Food Network's Chopped. Why are they always young and male?
- A chalkboard or dry erase board that is almost, but not totally, erased. One little half-inch stray mark left on the board somewhere drives me bananas -- so much so that I've been known to get up and erase it.
- Compulsive channel flippers. Pick a show and watch it. Even during the commercials.
- Serial interrupters. Let people finish a sentence or two, will you?