Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Vague post: a morality tale

Someone did something not very nice to me & my family. I know the reasons behind it, but I still don't like it.

I was hurt. I still am if you want to know the truth, especially because this someone should know better. But no one will die over this. Probably no one will lose sleep. In the grand scheme of life, it's probably just a speck. Not even everyone affected by it will know about it. 

But I know and I'm kind of stung. Sometimes things happen that are out of your control. That's when you want to know someone has got your back. And sometimes you learn that they don't and you find yourself adrift.

But you know what? That floating out there on the stinging raft led me to look at another situation in my life. A situation where I've been the not-so-nice one. Oh, I had reasons. But those reasons probably don't matter to the person that I've stung. Maybe that person doesn't even realize what I've done. Or maybe they do. But I know. And I know better, so now I have to do better. 

The moral of the story is: 1. Treat people the way you want to be treated and 2. when you realize you've failed to do that, go back to number 1 and start over.

3 comments:

kimybeee said...

Sounds like a good plan!! Just when we think we are just being the best little selves we can be, then wham-o, somebody shows us that we think way more about ourselves than we should! Been there and done that a lot. I try to remind myself that it never seems as bad the next day as it does in the moment!

Cherie from the Queen of Free said...

Love this. Love you. Grace to you in discovering how we all injure each other. Sigh. This human thing is overwhelming some days.

Anonymous said...

Well said. 'Nough said. xoxo