Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Off the top of my head

I can't seem to gather one good thought lately. Too many competing thoughts fighting for space in my head and not one of them dominant enough to make it into an interesting post. So, lest you think that I've given up on blogging because I haven't posted in 4 or 5 days, I thought I'd share these random thoughts off the top of my head:

  • Sarah's Key: I actually picked up a book this weekend. And once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. It tells the sad, but powerful story of the round-up of Jewish families from Paris in July 1942 from the perspective of a little girl who lived it and of a modern-day journalist who was assigned to cover the anniversary of the event.

  • The 7th grade science fair just might be the death of me. Annie has until Friday to turn in her topic. Most of the ones I've thought were very interesting, she declared "boring!" She wants to do something related to volleyball or swimming. If you have any great ideas, let me know.

  • I got one of THOSE e-mails last night from the Assistant Principal. Robbie did not get to go on his field trip yesterday because he was upset (crying, wailing, generally inconsolable) that I was not going with him. So I spent 45 minutes after school with the teacher trying to figure out how to help him. (Actually, there is probably a whole post about that, but it seems too raw to flesh it out here right now.)

  • Caught up on the two newest episodes of Desperate Housewives online last night. I should have been doing laundry and dishes. Guess I was hoping to forget my own role as a desperate housewife!

  • I stumbled upon the coolest Christmas gift for my husband yesterday. Actually brought tears to my eyes. Anyone started their Christmas shopping yet? I've picked up a few things here and there, but nothing serious.

  • My sister's baby was due on Sunday. I'm resisting the urge to call her and ask how she's feeling, if anything's happening yet. But if she happens upon this blog and should care to respond here with a comment, that's totally up to her...
So how 'bout you? What's on your mind today?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still here -- and still prego. Maybe the stress of nearly knocking out my first born's front tooth (http://ourlifeloveandfamily.blogspot.com/2009/10/forgive-and-forget.html) will send me into labor though...one can only hope the stress is good for something!

Joanie said...

Your book sounds really interesting. If I didn't have about 50 books (no lie!) in my car (I had a bagful when John was in the hospital for transplant), and what's in my armoir, I'd look for that one you just finished.

You should have lots to write about tonight... TBL!!

No shopping yet, but I have a few ideas and Dani sent me a link to a flat iron she wants.

Sharon said...

I HATED science fair projects, too. HATED them.

I've started my Christmas shopping, but minor things. Ideally I would love to be completely finished by the start of Advent, but I don't think that's realistic this year.

I have never watched Desperate Housewives.

Eternal Lizdom said...

Can Annie do something where she investigates the different types of fabrics that competitive swimgear is made out of? To test the whole controversy that went down when Phelps was in town- remember? That material that isn't going to be allowed next year...

Or test the biology of sweat and electrolytes and such with volleyball players- prove which sports drink is most effective.

Momza said...

Okay I just have to give Eternal Lizdom a shout-out for coming up with those awesome ideas!!! AMAZING! Let us know which Annie picks!
I hope your youngest recovers from his disappointment--my kids want me to attend every field trip...and I just can't --but yeah, they're always disappointed too. Hang in there Amy! oh and make sure your sister knows to go to the Chiropractor before labor!

Amy said...

@EternalLizdom - She actually thought of testing to see which is faster, rubber swim caps or lycra. But I'm not sure how you would measure that. Maybe we'll have to think a bit more about that.

We did see a write up of a project about the effects of Gatorade vs. water on blood pressure and heart rate.

@Momza - Why go to the chiropractor b4 labor?

Momza said...

Go to to the Chiropractor before labor to make sure the spine, hips, pelvis and pubic bones are aligned for an easier birth!