Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Friday Fragments: New Year's Edition

Mommy's Idea

Thanks again to Mrs. 4444 for hosting Friday Fragments. To participate -- or to read more Friday Fragments, click the button above.

Happy New Year! Charlie and I rang it in together. Annie was babysitting for my niece. Mike and Robbie had fallen asleep before the stroke of midnight. I would have gone to bed myself, but Charlie was so excited to watch the ball drop that it made me want to stay up with him.

Tomorrow, we're hosting my family here for our traditional New Year's Day dinner of cabbage rolls, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.

Photobucket

After a month of prep appointments and tests, the Better U challenge is all set to begin. With an official start date of Monday, January 4, the blog is up and running and I've been asked to be on the Sunday morning news with another challenger to discuss the opportunity. Guess I need to be looking for a red outfit that doesn't make me look too fat!

Photobucket

Mike and I spent today cleaning up the basement which had gotten embarrassingly out of hand. I may have been willing to show you pictures of my horribly messy closet, but even I drew the line at a public display of the disgrace that was the basement! But no more. It's awesome. And the kids felt like it was Christmas all over again because we unearthed so many toys that they'd forgotten about. Even so, we still gave away a huge bag of toys and threw away two large bags of trash as well.
Photobucket

2010 will get off to a fun start when I take the whole crew to see the Harlem Globetrotters in Indianapolis in a few weeks. I checking out the ticket prices when online when I saw something about a blogging discount. So I e-mailed the folks at Coyne Public Relations to ask about it. Turns out they are offering a $7 discount* off tickets and just for telling you all about it (and blogging about it on the Indiana Insider blog), they've offered my family free tickets and a chance to meet some of the Globetrotters!

To get your discount tickets -- no matter where you live -- simply visit www.harlemglobetrotters.com, to locate a game near you and purchase tickets using the promotional code: HGMOM to redeem the offer. *Please note that the discount is not valid on VIP or courtside seats. Tickets must be purchased online. Discount tickets are available until the day before the show.

Photobucket

Happy Friday everyone!

9 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

You are off to a great start on the new year! Free tickets, a clean basement, AND life-changing commitments?! Good for you :)

When my FIL died, we filled a large dumpster three times with the stuff he collected. Unfortunately, a bunch more found its way to our basement. I would HATE for anyone to see our basement. Maybe tomorrow...

Martha said...

Happy New Year. Cabbage rolls sound good. We are having pork and sauerkraut, and darn I forgot the potatoes today!

My mother and daughter came out of their rooms long enough to see the ball drop and get their photo taken! That's okay, I've been celebrating with my twitter and blog friends virtually!

My FF

4 Lettre Words said...

I saw the Harlem Globetrotters many years ago and it was a ton of fun! Congrats on the basement.

Happy 2010!!

Eternal Lizdom said...

I look forward to the day my kids are old enough to appreciate the Globetrotters. A guy I went to college with played for them for a awhile...

Joanie said...

Happy New Year Amy!

I am challenging myself to super clean one room at a time in my house over the next couple of weeks. Wish me luck!

Evansmom said...

I spent time this past week decluttering the family room around my desk. I love how it looks now!

Beth said...

I bet my embarrassing basement can beat yours. However, like you I'm too embarrassed to show it so I guess we'll never know whose was worse. Its on my 2010 To Do list.

mub said...

I think everyone has an "embarrassing" space (or three). Kudos to you for getting yours dug out =)

Have fun at the Harlem Globetrotters, I've always wanted to see them!

Smellyann said...

The Harlem Globetrotters? That sounds like so much fun!! Enjoy :)