Friday, October 15, 2010
Exhale....it's Friday! So looking forward to the weekend. Happy to kick it off with five fragments on Friday. Thanks, as usual, to Mrs. 4444s for the frag fix.
1. I'm feeling a little guilty about the slower pace of this blog lately. So much going on, however, not a whole lot that I can talk about here. So when I come to blog, I'm feeling a little forced because what I really want to say, I can't and what I can say isn't what I really need to say. Capeesh? The good news is that no one is dying or even sick. But lots of stuff I'm juggling and would appreciate your prayers for.
2. You know you're in trouble when you get to a meeting and before you're hind end has even made full connection with the chair, someone says "Oh, I HAVE to tell you what Robbie did today!" Apparently, my youngest (though likely not brightest) child was having a debate with a classmate about getting sick. Robbie was so adamant that he never gets sick that he said, "Watch -- I'll lick the cafeteria floor and I won't be sick tomorrow!" And he did it! He leaned over and he LICKED the CAFETERIA FLOOR! Ewwww! Thanks to the teacher who was also at the meeting who pointed out that, on the upside, Robbie's class is the first lunch period of the day. That was small consolation. And for the record, he didn't get sick.
3. Speaking of licks, Mike and I are headed to French Lick, Indiana tomorrow. Yes, it's a real place. I'm going for my Visit Indiana gig. (I love that job!) I had hoped to make a girls' weekend, but my girlfriends apparently have more of a life than I do. So I settled for Mike. He suggested I blog about it and call it "When your first love is your second choice."
4. We're half-way through October and I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet. This is almost unheard of. What am I waiting for? Please don't tell me yours is not only finished, but also wrapped. I don't need that kind of pressure.
5. Annie's got 2/3 of her high school shadowing finished. She spent the day at School B on Wednesday and really liked it. She said it's higher on her list than School A, but still below School D. She shadows at School D next week. I'm torn between schools B & D. Can't wait until the decision is made.
Ok folks. I've had 3 glasses of Diet Pepsi (at Panera -- no other option) and my bladder is demanding that I wrap this up. Hope you have a great weekend.