Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 26, 2011

On paint and perspective and other possibilities

Ahhhh! Stretch! I'm just waking up from a little mid-morning snooze and I am rarin' to go. Or at least to frag. Because it's Friday and that means fragments with Mrs. 4444s.

Mommy's Idea

Remember my paint dilemma? It's solved. As in painted and too late to change my mind if I wanted to. And it looks good. But was doesn't look good is my house and all the upheaval still waiting to be put away. So, I don't have pics to share yet. But my goal this weekend is to get everything in order. I won't go back to work until this place doesn't look like a Goodwill sorting room. (In other words, boss, I'll see ya in two weeks.)

I could complain about the mess in the house, but then I remember there are people with no place to call home. The other day I was whining about not liking the way my hair looked, and then I saw a note on Facebook from a friend just starting chemo who was excited about the cool hat she got to wear when her hair is gone from the treatment. Life is just a matter of perspective, isn't it?

Driving home from church this morning, I was behind a gold SUV with vanity plates that said GRAMS. Not being able to see the driver, I couldn't decide if the car belonged to a grandmother or a drug dealer.

My job is not particularly stressful. I've been there for almost 6 years. I work 30 hours a week and I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've actually felt stress over the work I do. But the next 3 months are probably going to skew those stress stats. I've got my normal stuff to do, plus a few short-term projects, plus I'm taking an online graduate course in grantwriting. Add in my presentation to the Upper Midwest Social Media Conference, my Visit Indiana stuff and oh yeah, being a wife and mother and excuse me while I go fix a morning cocktail Diet Coke just thinking about it. Happily, it's all good. It's just a whole lotta good.

Christmas is less than 4 months away. Have you started shopping yet?

You know that very bad dog we have? The one that has only earned a place to stay because Robbie loves her so much? Well, she chewed his black Angry Bird and disabled the bird sounds. Robbie was none too happy and declared, "That's it! We are getting rid of that dog!" I'm not sure why we didn't capitalize on the emotion of the moment, but lucky for Gabby, we didn't and she's still here.

It's a gorgeous day here. Hope it is where you are, too. And if you happen to be in the path of Hurricane Irene, know I'm praying for your safety.

5 comments:

Momza said...

Don't feel bad about the post-painting mess. I've been in this house nearly 2 months and haven't finished packing. Not only that, I don't WANT to finish packing, I just want to toss out the stuff that's left in boxes. But don't tell my family that--it'll stress them out!
Bad hair days are truly a matter of perspective. I don't remember having a good hair day in so long, I don't even think about it.
Your job sounds fun. Wanna trade?
I work for a "creative mind"--which is no dang fun for us in her wake.
I love my co-workers, but not the owner. She makes me nauseas.
Lastly, I don't know what an Angry Bird is..but if Robbie is upset about it, then it must be important!
And Christmas Shopping? I'm still re-couping from School Shopping. Let me get back to you in about 2 months on that one. Bags of coal and bundles of sticks sound good about now.

Karen and Gerard said...

Glad your dog still has a home. Maybe it needs more exercise and more play time with it's humans?

Rachael said...

We're moving soon and my son told me that he doesn't want our cat to go with us because he doesn't like waiting to play when I have to feed the cat...! Silly.

The idea of that Grams car being a drug dealers car is hilarious! I saw a Honda Fit this week with the license plate "Kneption". It made me laugh.

kimybeee said...

i was just wondering about gabbi sinc she hadn't been mentioned lately lol

Traci Marie Wolf said...

I have to be careful with my perspective all the time. It gets out of control. I think my perspective is linked with all of the things in my life that are unorganized. Seriously. I've been stressing today because I have so much to do that I don't want to do because I have to clean. I need to be happy that I have social functions to go to (there are some lonely people out there) and like you said happy I have a house that gets messy. Ah life.

OOh grant writing. I think that's a great class to take. Everywhere I think of moving, there are always ads looking for Grant Writers.

I've been making a mental list for Christmas, does that count.