Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sometimes I just can't help it

I know before going in that this is pointless. But my pride gets the better of me and I do it anyway.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So clearly, I am insane. What other explanation is there?

Maybe, I tell myself, maybe this time will be different.

But it's never different. Always, I end up physically and emotionally tensed. Useless anger bubbling up under the surface. I hold my breath. I tighten the muscles in my back. And when I get the usual result, I go back for more.

Insanity, I tell you.

Seriously, though. Sometimes I just can't help myself. Hope springs eternal and this time might offer a different outcome.

Or not.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Stacy said...

ROFL...oh, that made my morning! I was not expecting the Angry Birds ending. :)

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I beat Tetris back when Gameboy was a gray brick sized device with a green and black screen. I'm resting on that laurel. (In other words, no more video games for me, I can become addicted...)

You hang in there, it will happen for you! (The win, not the addiction!)

CWMartin said...

And that is EXACTLY why I don't play very often.

Beth Zimmerman said...

You poor thing! I've played but I walked away before addiction hit!

Gay Wakefield said...

Ok, I'll admit I can blow a whole day on this game, if I don't set the alarm--just can't seem to say no to the next challenge.

BUT it may pay off in other ways ... I'm thinking it might be a good teaching tool as a metaphor for PR and event mgt. The collection of birds is like our toolkit; the challenges are like clients. Every challenge requires a different and specific strategy, if the goal is to be accomplished effectively. If you just start throwing tools (birds) at the situation, without first studying (researching) is to see which tool will work best and where/how it needs to be applied, then any win is just luck. But if you approach it strategically, you succeed faster and have more resources (birds) remaining after reaching the goal.

What do you think? Will that get through to this generation of kids whose parents have done all their thinking for them and now want everything to be black and white, without their having to take a chance and maybe be wrong (and not get a "trophy")?

Mrs4444 said...

You're funny :) I got tapped out on AB on the iPad and have pretty much stayed away since, but they did just add it on Google+...