Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 7, 2011

Blue for a cause

If you've been reading The 4th Frog Blog for a while, you might recall that I've long been tempted to dye my brown hair blue. I considered doing it for my 40th birthday, but went the spray can route instead.

Then a few weeks ago, I had one of those feathers put in my hair -- pink, not blue. It was fun for a few days, but really wasn't the look I was going for, so I took it out.

PhotobucketLast week, I started seeing #shaveawish all over Twitter and Facebook. It turns out that my friend BgKahuna has offered to shave off his golden locks if people donated $1,000 to a little girl's Make-A-Wish fund.

Kamylle is a 3-year-old girl who lives in Indianapolis, Indiana.  In 2010, Kamylle was diagnosed with a condition called Acute Myeloid Leukemia, a cancer of the myeloid blood cells. Her wish is to be a princess and go to Disney World.

After BgKahuna's efforts, Kamylle's wish fund is currently at $1,485.30. The total goal is $6,000.

Maybe it was low blood sugar. Maybe it was midlife crisis. Maybe it was just a way to fulfill my own wish, but I have volunteered to have my hair colored blue if my friends, family and followers (and anyone else who wishes to make Kamylle's wish come true) will contribute another $2,500 to Kamylle's wish fund by November 21, 2011.


Here's how you can help:
  1. Go to Kamylle's Make-a-Wish page and click the Donate Today button. 
  2. Make your donation -- $5, $10, $100 -- whatever you have to spare.
  3. In the Special Note section on the donation page, be sure to write Turn 4th Frog Blue so we can track the dollars. 
  4. Invite your friends to help out as well.
It turns out there is another woman, M.K. Fischer who has offered to do the same thing. If both M.K. and I can reach our goals, Kamylle will be princess-like in no time. 

If you're on Twitter, follow our progress at #shaveawish

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh yeah! This going to be good! Get ready to go blue! She's going to be a princess for sure!!!!

Jack's Momma said...

I just donated - I wanna see blue hair and green shoes! :)

CWMartin said...

I'm in, Amy. "The Bastard" took my mom and I'm more than happy to help someone else beat it.

Beth Zimmerman said...

That is WAY COOL!