Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, November 26, 2011

A cautionary tale for new moms

When your doctor tells you at your postpartum appointment to do your Kegel exercises, listen. Do them while you're washing the dishes. Do them while you're watching TV. Do them while you're waiting in line at Target.

Because someday, you're going to be older and saggier in all sorts of places and you might get a really wicked cough that not only makes your head hurt and your body ache, but also makes you really wish you'd done your Kegel exercises.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some laundry to do.

7 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I once told my friend I jumped rope for exercise. She told me she couldn't because she had three children. Mom of one, who did her Kegels, I had no clue what she meant.

Too bad they can't firm up other places...

Beth said...

LMAO. We all learn the hard way. I'm not so old yet but I had 3 kids in just over 3 years. There are things I definitely can't do...like jump rope (or sneeze for that matter)!

Rachel said...

They never said a word to me about 'em. Maybe they did and I just didn't hear them? (ha!)

Thanks for making me laugh... with you, not at you :)

Nancy said...

I would laugh, but then I would have to do laundry! My doctor never told me about Kegels....

Sharon said...

I appreciate this post, laughed, and can fully say I get it, too. :)

Mrs4444 said...

omg--Nancy cracked me up, too! Forget about jumping on trampolines, too. Very funny post. (but not really)haha

I'm told that teachers and over-the-road truckers have the highest rates of adult diaper use. I can hardly wait.

varangianguard said...

Long ago I worked in an office as the sole male employee. I thought that I had heard it all, and that I could not have anymore TMI moments about shared female lore.

Well Amy, you've proved me wrong.

:)