- a giant carton of 3 dozen eggs;
- a box of frozen waffles that could feed our family of 5 for several weeks;
- a super-sized pizza;
- a bag of frozen mixed vegetables the size of my bedroom pillow; and
- a 2-pack of ibuprofen that might have been intended for the entire defensive line of the Indianapolis Colts
- a box of muffins, each bigger than a softball;
- a tub of chocolate chip cookie dough that would make enough cookies to put the local Girl Scouts out of business;
- an economy-sized bag of potato chips; and
- a bag of Halloween candy big enough to treat every kid in the neighborhood, twice.
No trip to Costco would be complete without a quick trip up and down the book and DVD aisles, and then a pass through the tables of clothing. With Fall weather approaching, I thought I might pick up a few new shirts for myself.
That's when I discovered that this mecca of supersize, oversize and economy size apparently does not believe in plus size. In light of that revelation, I'd like to suggest a new slogan for the wholesale giant.
Costco: Big on stuff. Small on fashion.