Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Musical beds

I have mentioned in this blog before that I have some sleep issues. But truth be told, the sleep challenges are actually a family affair in our house. To help you understand, I've drawn this little diagram that illustrates the musical beds that took place here just the other night:

Sleep Drawing

Please try to follow along. There will be a quiz at the end.

Dad starts in Mom & Dad's bed and moves to Robbie's bed when Robbie calls for him. Charlie is already in Robbie's bed (didn't want to put away the clean clothes on his bed). Dad sleeps in Robbie's bed for a little bit. Mom (that's me) is asleep on the couch. Annie and Dungy (the cat) are sleeping in Annie's bed. Dad moves back to Mom & Dad's bed. Robbie cries and Mom moves from the couch to Robbie's bed with Robbie and Charlie. Annie moves to the couch. Charlie moves to Mom and Dad's bed because Mom and Robbie are snoring. Robbie pees in Robbie's bed and moves to Mom & Dad's bed. The alarm goes off and for some reason everyone is exhausted.

Got it? Let's see how closely you paid attention.

The quiz:
1. Where did Mom wake up in the morning?
2. What bed was empty in the morning?
3. Who did not move all night?

(Play Jeopardy music and insert Unisom commercial here.)

The answers:
1. Hugging the edge of Robbie's bed so as to not be laying in the pee spot
2. Charlie's bed (except for the clothes still waiting to be put away)
3. Dungy the cat

Maybe I should wear my pedometer to bed. It's a shame to miss out on all that nighttime movement.

6 comments:

Angie Seaman said...

This is halarious. Great drawing too by the way. :)
Blessings, Angie
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com

Micah and Emily said...

I was looking forward to seeing the product of your magnificent creation! How crazy is that! I wouldn't last a night in your family!

You waking up in the 'pee bed' reminded me of when I was little and my sister and I shared the same bed...she would always roll over and wet on myside then roll back and sleep soundly on her nice dry spot for the rest of the night! I swear she did it on purpose!

Thanks for the early birthday wish!

Sharon said...

Question: why does Annie move to the couch?

Amy said...

@ Sharon: Good question! Wish I had an answer.

Amy @ The Q Family said...

That's too funny!! I'm glad we are so over the musical bed period.

-Amy @ The Q Family

Andrea @ Momma in Flip Flops2 said...

This is absolutely hilarious. I love it though!!!!!!!!!!!