Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hallmark doesn't write 'em this good

Just so you know that I'm not as shallow as I sounded when I complained about the Jillian Michaels Wii game, I thought I'd share with you something each of my children said to me on the occasion of Mother's Day:

Last night at church, Fr. Scott offered a blessing for all mothers in the congregation, saying something about how mothers needed our love and support.

"Mom," Annie leaned over and whispered, "I support you."

Then this morning, while I was still in bed, Robbie crawled up and asked if he could cuddle up with me. "Sure," I said.

"When you are warm, I love you," he said. Melt me...

Finally, each of the kids made me a card. Charlie's said "Mom, you are the best. I wish I could have married you."

Those three things...that's all I needed for Mother's Day.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

That is absolutely perfect.

I especially love Charlie's words.

kimybeee said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU!!!!

Momza said...

You're such a sweet Mom. So sweet you could be called a "momza" lol.
Motherhood is a pretty sweet gig isn't it?
I hope your day was wonderful in every way.
You deserve it, Sis.

Nate's Mom said...

Awe, those are priceless. That is what Mother's Day is all about. If only they would never be introduced to Hallmark, and always make their own cards :-) I hope you have a special Mother's Day!

Sheri

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

So very sweet!