Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Confession

confessional

Bless me, Father, for I have strayed. It's been over two weeks since I've been to the gym.

The craziness of the last week of school, coupled with too many late nights sucked in by the allure of Facebook, and I found myself content to fall into the delusion of "I need my sleep; I'll go tomorrow."

But that's not all. I indulged in the empty, but delicious, calories of white wine last weekend, in a manner that can only be described as gluttonous. I ate hummus and tabouli on garlic bagel chips with reckless abandon. I've cozied up to bowls of Frosted Mini Wheats in bed at night.

I knew I was in trouble when I found myself in the Hardee's drive-thru ordering a sausage and egg biscuit yesterday. Oh, I knew when I was doing it that it was wrong. But it felt so right!

As all transgressions do, mine are leaving their mark on me -- in the form of oily skin, puffy fingers, and low levels of energy.

I am heartily sorry. I will choose to do good, and eat food in its natural, healthy state. I will say "get behind me, chips and salsa!" and "no" to the siren song of Free Donut Day tomorrow.

For my penance, I will sell all of my fat clothes in the garage sale on Saturday, so I will have no choice to slip back into them. And I will humbly submit myself to the rigors of Denzel.

Amen.

8 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Hey God ... Ditto! :)

Sharon said...

Yeah, ditto from me, too! (love this post, btw;)
I find the end of the school year to be crazy, and I only have ONE in school! (well, 2 if you count my hubby)
Even tonight, I said screw it, changed OUT of my work out clothes, into my pjs, and ate a gross amount of pasta w/ tons of cheese, a donut hole, and who knows what's to come. I need to get all good again.
I'll join you.

babybeezymom said...

with ya! I just plished off not one but two pieces of buffalo chicken pizza from BJ's....I will meet my maker in spin class tomorrow. I will say though, totally worth it. The pizza was delish!

Beth said...

I've been off the wagon myself lately. I just purged my closet though so I'll have no choice but to be good again when my brand new clothes get too tight!

Nate's Mom said...

Hey Amy ~ I'm not Catholic, but I just spilled my guts, too. I even included pictures. It's not pretty, but I'm hoping for accountability. Come on over and cheer me on. I need it! Good foe you getting back with it. I'm glad you are not perfect. I'm glad you are honest. I'm glad you are back on track. You are an inpiration.

Sheri in CA

Mike Magan said...

love the priest pic

Eternal Lizdom said...

Life gets crazy, for sure. And often, food and exercise are the first things to slip. I've been on vacation this week and life has been kinda crazy. I ran on Tuesday but haven't gotten true exercise since- even though I'm trying to remain active. My diet has, on some days, consisted of smores and fudge. Oy. But I know I will be back on track come Monday when I'm back to work and my normal routine.

That's why it's a lifestyle change, not a diet.

Mrs4444 said...

Glad to know you're back in the fold again.

I exercised today for the first time in a year, so don't feel bad :)