Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 11, 2010

Oh my achin' frags

Mommy's Idea

Today's Friday Fragments are brought to you by Mrs. 4444s and copious amounts of ibuprofen.

I returned to the gym yesterday after being away for nearly 3 weeks. I started out easy -- 30 minutes on the treadmill. 20 at a brisk walk and 10 at a jog. It felt so GOOD to be exercising again and I was surprised at how easily I could keep pace. All in all, I was pretty pleased with myself. Fast forward 4 hours during which I had basically been sitting -- in meetings and in the car -- and YEEOOOWWWCH! I leaned over to put sunscreen on Robbie at the pool and wasn't sure I was going to be able to straighten up again. After 12+ hours with a heating pad, a hot shower and a few well-timed doses of ibuprofen, I'm upright again. A little tender, but happy to be mostly mobile.

**************

All my time on the couch was not wasted. I've gotten caught up on all my DVR'd shows -- the last episode of Glee, a couple of episodes of Chopped, and the 2-hour season opener of The Next Food Network Star. I don't like to cook, but I love watching other people cook!

**************

Thanks to my gig as a blogger for the Indiana Dept. of Tourism, I've gotten invites for 3 "fam tours," which means I'll get to go (with a guest or my family) for two-day trips to a couple of very cool Indiana locales...FREE! Woohoo! Better get out my calendar and start scheduling the fun.

**************

I was so looking forward to the end of school so that we could embrace the simple life. Who was I kidding? Simple is dropping them off at 7:15am and picking them up at 2:30pm. Driving to 3 different camps, each with a different start and end time, is NOT simple. We're 14 days into summer vacation and I'm already wondering how many days until school starts.

**************

To my neighbors who might be reading this, Annie will mow the backyard today. I swear.

**************

I am falling behind in my blog reading. I'm thinking about making a schedule of which blogs I'll read on which days. Does that seem a little crazy? The good news is that I'm behind on reading blogs because I've been reading actual books! Just finished Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult. I'll give it an A-. It was a little long. 150 pages fewer would have been perfect.

**************

If you haven't checked out the 4th Frog Facebook page, you should. We're having lots of fun over there. Up for discussion right now: Name 3 things you can do with a paperclip besides clip paper.

7 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Alleve is my friend after a good run! :)

I use paper clips straightened out at work to clean out the GOOK in my keyboard!... And I've used a straightened out one to clean my stamper at work where the stamp pad fibers get up in there... Such a handy little cleaning tool!

Mrs4444 said...

Bravo on getting back into the gym! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Amy, will you please send me your email address so that I can reply to your comments that way? Thanks.

Your tourism gig inspires me--Maybe I should look into that for Wisconsin! Enjoy your trip(s)!!

I'm starting to catch up on my blog reading, now that it's summer! Good luck! :)

Coby said...

Ouch! Sitting after working out is always so painful! I did a hard core weights workout on Tues, then went running the next day...then went on an 8 hour road-trip the next day. Yup. It hurts. Good for you for getting back to the gym. It feels so good!

Eternal Lizdom said...

Where are you going on your tourism gigs? I just did Spencer Co (as you saw, I bet) and am planning a Ft Wayne trip. I owe it all to you!

And I agree- your FB fan page is major fun!!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'm so proud of you for getting back to the gym. I know how hard that is!

Summer is just a different kind of busy!

Have fun on your mini vacations!

Doreen McGettigan said...

I cannot wait to get back to the gym; I am so out of shape. I know it is going to be ouch so thanks for the warning I think I will start slower than you did!

Nate's Mom said...

Hey Amy, does the travel thing include travel for "friends" if they want to participate? LOL

I think planning when you are going to read blogs might be a bit obsessive. I will forgive you if you don't read/comment on every blog I write.

Good for you getting back to the gym. I have been crazy busy, and will be for a couple more weeks. I'm afraid to step on the scale. Will have to do that when I return from my trip next week. Keep up the good work and inspiration. No pressure, but we are counting on you to set a good (realistic) example. I think you are doing just that.

Sheri in CA