Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

11-year-old boy on life

Photobucket

Today, Charlie turned 11. As his mother, I thought it would be good to know what he thinks about a variety of topics. His answers, unedited, are below:

Girls: Nice and sweet and stuff.

Money: Use it only for good reasons, like to buy video games.

Basketball:
You should pass a lot so other people will pass to you.

Football:
You have to make the right plays to make it to the right place.

Favorite color:
Butler blue.

Favorite food:
Lasagna and pizza.

Favorite day of the week:
Wednesday, because it's gym day in school.

Favorite book:
I'm not a big fan of books.

Favorite movie:
Iron Man 2 (Note from the mom: I sure hope that's age appropriate. If not, blame the dad.)

Least hated chore:
Unloading the dishwasher, because it's fast.

Most hated chore:
Everything else.

United States:
We are awesome.

President Obama:
He is awesome and I want to invite him to my birthday party. (For the record, he invited Dubya to his birthday party a few years ago.)

God:
I love Him and He gave us all this (motioning to the space around him).

The oil spill in the Gulf:
Sad, sad, sad.

School:
Boring and stupid, except for the fun parts.

If you had a whole day to do whatever you wanted, what would you do:
Play video games, play sports and boss Robbie around...no...I would have Robbie help me boss Annie around.

If you were in charge of making dinner, what would you make:
I would order pizza.

If you had to give up one thing for the rest of your life, except school or chores, what would it be:
SKIP! I'm not giving up anything.

If you were going to write a book, what would it be about:
ME! and video games.

What do you want to be when you grow up:
A sports player, then maybe an announcer when I retire.

If you could change your life in anyway, what would you do:
Get a girlfriend.

That's where the line of questioning stopped because a.) I had to catch my breath after that last answer and b.) I had to launch my "you're too young for a girlfriend and you should just be yourself and be friends with girls" speech.

This one, yeah, he's gonna keep life interesting.

8 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh, my, this bright red apple didn't fall far from the tree. What a great sense of humor and his answers were both adorable and hilarious. Hahahahaa...

Cat said...

Happy birthday to him! And no girlfriends!

Michelle@Gotchababy said...

Oh to be 11 again.....love it!

Momza said...

So so cute! love the SKIP! lol

Mrs4444 said...

Awesome. He sounds like a great kid :) Happy Birthday!!

Beth Zimmerman said...

What a cutie! Kinda feeling for Annie though!

Mike Magan said...

Beth,

Annie can handle Charlie and Robbie with one arm tied behind her back - no prob.

Nancy C said...

Boring and stupid except for the fun parts...that's life in a nutshell.

The secret is always finding the fun.