Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

10 things I learned by not exercising

  1. Regular exercise leads to better sleep.
  2. Even moderate exercise can make the difference between weight loss and weight gain.
  3. Layin' around like a sloth begets more layin' around like a sloth.
  4. Exercise leads to healthier eating habits. Who wants to eat a chocolate chip cookie when it will wipe out 45 minutes of sweaty exertion on the treadmill?
  5. Exercise excuses you from 30 to 60 minutes a day of hearing "MOM! MOM! MOM! Can you..?."
  6. Exercise can make simple things like climbing 45 stairs to your office seem like a piece of cake.
  7. Exercise is contagious. When people find out you have an exercise habit, they want to join in.
  8. Exercise means you like seeing yourself in pictures better.
  9. Exercise makes shopping for clothes more fun.
  10. Sweating and heavy breathing from exercise is much better than sweating and heavy breathing from just being fat.
Tomorrow. I'm back at it. Honest.

8 comments:

Momza said...

Favorite: 3. Slothness begets slothness. You've been peeking at my life, hunh? Ok Ok I'm UP!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I used to be too skinny and I exercised all the time. Then I allowed myself to gain weight. Now, when I exercise, I don't lose weight, but I feel stronger--and I like me more. When I was thin, I looked better in a swimsuit, but I didn't like me and I sure didn't feel strong.

This could be a blog post in itself, so I hope it makes sense in brief!

Janet said...

Thank-you

Sharon said...

My regular walks in the evening = #5! lol
You are so right, Amy. (don't you wish everyone would say those words?!)
I've been bad about exercising the last 2 days, and I already feel it.
Even if it's only a walk, it's better than nothing.
I will join you today! Not outside in this heat, but inside for sure. :)
Thanks for the motivation!

Stacy said...

Ah, man...you're telling me I've got to give up my slothfulness? I have never had #7 happen. Well, at least not to where they actually stuck with it and became an exercise buddy. :(

Jessica McCoy said...

I need to print this out, blow it up and put it on my bedroom wall!! haha!

I have to get back in the work out groove too!

CWMartin said...

#4 is the reason I don't exercise.

Nate's Mom said...

Love this. I need to print it too.

Sheri in CA