Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Time to frag, again?

How can it be Friday again? It seems that it was just Friday two days ago. But the calendar says Friday and you know what that means...Fragments with Mrs. 4444s. So here goes nothing...

Mommy's Idea

* Resolve. Willpower. Motivation. Good sense. Whatever you call it, I seem to have lost it when it comes to diet and exercise. I start out the day being really good. Then a few things slip in here and there and before I know it...ka-blooey! I really must start recording what I eat.

*Caralyn -- winner of the Chex Mix prize pack -- has not responded to me yet. So Caralyn, if you're reading this, e-mail me at 4thfrog70 (at) gmail (dot) com by Saturday at 6pm. If I don't hear from you, I'll have to draw another name.

* Annie is going to the midnight showing of the Harry Potter movie tonight. I want to watch Part 1 over again, then hop in the car and go to a showing of Part 2 at a more sensible time.

* There are 5 Amys here at the Bloggy Conference. FIVE. In my sorority pledge class, there were 7 (out of 37 girls). Six in my high school graduating class. Didn't mothers in the 1970s have any creativity? (Love you, Mom!)

* I think this might be the weekend I can kiss this iPhone 3G goodbye. 3G. Not 3GS. Not 4.0. When some college kids I was with recently saw that I'm still using a 3G they looked at me like I'd just sprouted pteradactyl wings.

* We have one month of summer left and I'm finding it very difficult to squeeze in a mini-vacation for the family. Between summer school, high school orientation, parent orientation and work, when's a girl supposed to get away for a little R&R. I mean besides this bed-to-myself-no-cooking-for-anyone blog conference I'm at.

Ok. Brain emptied -- or at least too tired to squeeze out any more fragments. If you're craving more fragments, hit up Mrs. 4444s website.

10 comments:

DB Stewart said...

Can't wait to see the final Harry Potter film.

Cyndy Bush said...

I have at least 3 Amys who regularly comment on my blog. I'm always going "Which AMY???" lol
Feel free to send me that Chex Mix prize, if need be. ;-)

The Crazy Coxes said...

That's a lot of Amy's. I don't know a single Amy in real life. I know some in blogland, but not IRL. I think it's a good idea to watch HP Part 1 first and then go see Part 2. I don't remember anything!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Let me know if you need a kick in the butt on the health thing. If I do that to you, I'll have to do the same to myself.

My phone? It's 4+ years old, it's a flip, and it makes calls. That's it. So you're so cool compared to me.

I have a sis Amy, a sis-in-law Amy and a friend named Amy. All were born in different decades. I call the last one Art (her initials) because one of my friends once said, "You have too many Amys!"

Kay said...

should have been born in iowa... i only knew 1 amy growing up ;-)

ah, bed to myself not cooking for anyone.. that is my vacation dream.

i do hope you get a summer vacay though, with all the stuff piling up, you may need one.

Bill Lisleman said...

A couple of Amy's Ami's - one with y one with i - in the extended family.
Keeping up with the iphones - are you crazy that's a costly game. New one every year - right?

Karen and Gerard said...

My husband wondered who would go to the Harry Potter movie at midnight. Now we know.

Claudya Martinez said...

I've been really good about exercise, but diet...I don't even want to talk about it.

Stacy said...

I've gotten better about the dieting lately. It's the exercise that isn't happening. It's hot and humid and I am rather fond of air conditioning.

I don't think I have a single Amy in my life right now, but at times (like college) I have been afloat in a sea of them.

By the way, I've enjoyed your tweets from the conference...they helped keep me amused yesterday while I was waiting around the hospital with my husband.

mimbles said...

I'm still using my old Nokia N95 from years ago and I don't really want to give it up because it has a really terrific little camera on it - much better than the one on my husband's iPhone4.

Solo sleeping and no cooking sounds pretty good, but I hope you manage to fit in a proper family break as well :-)