Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

1 day to blue hair

Can you believe it's been almost 6 weeks since I offered up my brunette (and gray) locks in exchange for donations to Kamylle's Make-a-Wish fund? I was supposed to undergo the dye a few weeks ago, when fever struck. But tomorrow is the day!

Tomorrow I'll submit my head to the capable hands of Shaina at Allure Salon -- now re-open in their pre-fire location. I admit, I'm a little bit nervous. But it's just hair, right?

Shaina and I have done a little strategizing and have determined that blue streaks/highlights are probably the way to go, not because I'm unwilling to go full-headed azure, but because she's afraid the dye on bleach might do some damage to my hair. Yikes! But it's just hair, right?

I'm envisioning my first trip to Target after the blue-ification. "Mommy, why is that lady's hair blue?" Maybe I should have some business cards made that answer the question. Maybe no one will notice, what with everyone scurrying around finishing their holiday shopping.

At church, maybe I can pass it off as an homage to Mary the Mother of God? I figure the one place I'll really fit in is Annie's school, where hair colors change almost as often as the weather.

What if it's awful? It's just hair, right?  I can cut, re-dye it or invest in a collection of hats and scarves.

Better yet, what if I love it and want to keep it up? I suppose in just 1 more day I'll know. And so will you. Stay tuned.


6 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Too fun! Looking forward to photos!

Amy said...

I'm sure it'll be fine, just say you're going for the 'Smurf' look ;)

Mother Mopher said...

Blue hair is soo fun!! But be careful in the sun, it turns to gray oh so quick :) pictures pictures pictures when its done!!!

Jen Crutchfield said...

Tee heheheheheheeee. I think you're going to have fun with it. Blue fits your blog theme. And you're right. It's just hair. It grows. Have fun getting it done.

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Wow! Awesome! I can't wait to hear how it went. I've done blue before and although it's a really cool color, my skin is too yellow so when it started to fade the green undertones made me look seasick.

Amy said...

Traci -- Did you have to have your hair bleached first? Did you do blue all over or just highlights/streaks? How long was it before it started to fade?