There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Winner, er....LOSER!

Workout Frog
Last week was the last weigh-in for the 4th Frog Biggest Loser Contest. And we have a LOSER -- make that a winner!

Congratulations -- and the prize package of BL socks and the new BL 80s workout CD -- go to Cheryl, aka Ruby's Mom. In the course of the 7 weeks of our contest, Cheryl lost 7 pounds (3.78% of her total body weight).


Upon hearing that she won the 4th Frog Biggest Loser Contest, Cheryl said, "Wow, I'm surprised I won! I was so disappointed I haven't lost more. I haven't been able to exercise as much as I would have liked to because of having an infant to take care of."

To which I say, slow and steady wins the race, my friend. At that rate, a person could lose 52 pounds in one year. I wouldn't turn that down!

Cheryl also said "I have enjoyed reading your blog and will continue to follow it. I love your sense of humor!" Not only is she our Biggest Loser, she is obviously a smart woman!

So we can all learn from those smarts, I asked Cheryl a few questions about her efforts;

1. What did you change about your eating and/or lifestyle in the past 2 months?
I stopped drinking milk, tea and sodas. I have tried to cut out all sugary treats. I started eating lean meats and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. I eat large salad's made with romaine lettuce, tomato and some type of fresh beans.

2. What is your favorite "good for you" treat?
I love peach yogurt.

3. Do you have a favorite exercise? If so, what is it?
I bought a yoga ball to do physical therapy with my baby and found that I like to use it for myself. There are a lot of exercises for the yoga ball. I also like "Walk Away the Pounds" by Leslie Sansone and Yourself Fitness for the X-BOX.

4. What motivates you when it comes to weight loss?
Pictures of myself before I got pregnant with my baby, Ruby. I had worked very hard to lose 30 lbs and I look at those pictures and I know I can do it again.

5. If you were on the Biggest Loser, which trainer would you want to work out with and why?
I would pick Jillian. I like the way she yells and pushes the contestants to work to their fullest.


skywind said...

Winners or losers. At different things in different people's eyes, we are successful, we are also losers. :)
What is Really Healthy-Health Blog
Humor & Fun World-Funny Blog

Sharon said...

Congrats to Cheryl!!
And hey, a loss is a loss. As long as the scale moved in the right direction, that's what counts. ;) (or at least that's what they always told me at WW when I was displeased w/ a weigh in).

I just bought things to make for myself when I go "healthy" again. I'm thinking tomorrow is the day.

Good luck to you all!