Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Filled

It's Sunday night and I'm tired, but not weary. I spent this weekend as part of the presenting team for Christ Renews His Parish at our church (similar, I've been told to the Emmaus Walk retreats, if you're familiar with those).

Nothing earth shattering happened to me. No "Shazaam" moments (that's for you, Anna). I gave a witness on Christian Awareness and related pieces of my story in which I could see God's grace working in and through me. I know what I said touched some people because they were nice enough to tell me so.

I laughed a lot. I cried a little. I ate an amount I'm satisfied with -- it wouldn't pass a Weight Watcher's test, but I don't think I was gluttonous either (I've done worse!). I slept more than I thought I would. And of course, I prayed...in silence, in word and in song.

I listened to my "sisters'" own testimonies and found myself a little surprised at how much I really care for them. And I met several new, wonderful women who answered the call to spend a weekend growing in love for Christ and in communion with others doing the same thing.

I prayed this morning for something specific to happen -- and it did. And I'm thankful for that grace. I experienced something that was unscripted, unplanned and unimaginably, beautifully reverent.

I've returned home, back to the busy-ness of life, but I hold with me all the prayers of this weekend, all the moments of quiet, all the painfully, joyfully honest stories of struggle and triumph, faith and love. And I am filled.

4 comments:

Momza said...

Beautiful. Thoughtful. Sharing everything that is lovely and truly worthwhile...that's you.

Have a great week...hope you get to hold on to that peace for as long as possible!

Annette said...

Amen and ditto! You have a gift, Amy, for wrapping it all up into a neat little package of words! I do love you and I'm glad you're my sister. Annette

Eternal Lizdom said...

Sounds like a wonderful experience. I may be doing Emmaus in Oct or at the spring session... it sounds like something that is right up my alley in terms of where I am spiritually.

Bless you, mama!!

Annie said...

Sounds like a great weekend!