Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Smart media

If television is the boob tube, then social media -- blogs, message boards, Facebook, Twitter -- is the anti-boob. I mean, I'm learning so much. Every day I log on is like a virtual vocabulary lesson.

New words I've added to my vernacular include:
If you're hungry for more, check out the "Word of the Day" on UrbanDictionary.com.

Two of my new favorites are "good hang" and "magic toaster" (although I would say it in the context of proper English -- Why won't my magic toaster come on? I plug it in, but no toast.")

With over 4 million words and phrases defined, I still have a lot to learn. Tru dat!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Woot, Woot! :-) - love your blog!

Momza said...

cute cute!

It's hard to keep up with all the vernacular of these ever-changing days, eh?!
You seem to do it effortlessly tho!
Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Ok the only ones I know are Tru Dat and Tweeps!

Eternal Lizdom said...

My latest phrase has been "For reals, yo." I enjoy it.

Snarky... I've been using that one since before I started any online exchanging... maybe it's taken on new meaning or importance? I didn't realize. I guess I was ahead of my time!

What bugs me is when someone "woots" but with zero in place of o. "w00t"

I'm still trying to figure out all the twitter-speak. Twits and tweets and tweeps and @this and #that and RT and so on... oy!!