Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 21, 2009

If the Sand Man worked at Starbucks

As we were putting Robbie to bed tonight, I climbed in the bed and Mike left the room when Robbie pointed out that neither one of us closed the closet door. Maybe we'd confused him with Charlie who likes to have his closet door open when he goes to sleep.

So I got to thinking about bedtime preferences and what they would look like if you went into the Sand Man store and ordered up a bedtime, much like you order drinks at Starbucks.

Instead of a venti skinny half-caf mocha chai latte, what would a bedtime order look like if the Sand Man worked at Starbucks?

Robbie would order up a two-story closed closet open door with a side order of warm body snuggled close.

Charlie would ask for an open closet running vaporizer iPod lullaby tight tuck in with a cracked door.

Closed door lights on fall asleep reading Twilight for the 20th time: Annie's choice.

The kids aren't the only ones who have their bedtime preferences. Mike's is pitch black closed door fan on high fall asleep before the wife starts snoring.

As for me, I can pretty much fall asleep anywhere, under any conditions. I've even fallen asleep sitting up waiting for my nail polish to dry. When I was in college, we slept in a "cold dorm" on the third floor of the sorority house. The windows were open and nothing felt better than being cozy under the covers and feeling the crisp (sometimes downright freezing) air around you.

But my favorite bedtime "beverage" is pretty simple: comfy couch TV on.

How about you? What would you order at the Sand Man's Starbucks?

5 comments:

Momza said...

Cold room, snuggly covers, nightlight in the bathroom on, king-sized bed all to myself for 9 hours with whipped topping and chocolate sprinkles.

Thanks!

Eternal Lizdom said...

I love this, Amy! I was thinking about this just the other night- how different my kids are at bedtime.

Zach used to be: lay down with blanket lovey pounce and leave me alone.

Now he's: blanket in arms enya on rock with mommy lay down with blanket lovey and pounce mommy rub back lots of snuggles and kisses fan on closed door.

Teagan is now: nightlight on fan on door open

Joanne said...

This is lovely Amy.

Lets see I am a lights off after reading a couple of pages of whatever, door and windows open and naked husband to my left - ahhhh that's perfect.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I'd order the same as Mike!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Some nights I might add a side of Percocet or Benedryl or both!