Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's 3am. Do you know where your chicken is?

Ok, actually right now it's 3:29am and I've been awake for 2 hours. This used to be pretty much the norm for me. (Search the word "sleep" on my blog and you'll get a surprising amount of posts that talk about how I need more sleep or how I am awake in the middle of the night.) But lately, I've been doing much better going to bed at a decent hour and actually sleeping all night.

Tonight, however, I went to bed at 9:30pm and woke up at 1:30am. I laid there for about 15 minutes and felt my leg muscles tightening up -- should have stretched before and after the treadmill last night. When I reached down to try to massage some of the aching muscles, I realized it's been a while since I'd shaved my legs. And I have to be at the gym to meet Fr. Kyle at 7am.

So I did what any insomniac would do. I got up, took a hot bath, and shaved my legs. When I was in the bathtub, I remembered that the kids have to pack their lunch for school today. And since I'm leaving for the gym before they leave for school, I got out of the tub, got dressed and went downstairs to make lunches.

Only when I got downstairs, I remembered our cupboards are pretty bare right now. But I did have some chicken drumsticks thawed it the fridge. So I decided to cook those to pack in lunch boxes. Fifty minutes at 400 degrees brings us once again to:

It's 3am. Do you know where your chicken is?

3am chicken

6 comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

You're a chicken fairy!! Could you sneak over to my house and cook in the middle of the night for me?

Beth said...

Mine was tucked in the fridge, snug as a bug in its left-over container.

Jenny McB said...

Wow, I have nights of no sleep, but they never included such productivity! How did you feel the rest of the day?

Amy said...

@Liz - Hey, you might have just figured out my Halloween costume for next fall!

@B - LOL!

@Jenny McB - A workout with the trainer and a large Diet Coke did wonders for my energy level!

Michelle said...

It's funny. Your post reminded me of the "If you give a mouse a cookie" books....
Only it's "If you touch a leg and it's hairy..."

Nate's Mom said...

Too funny, Michelle beat me to it. My first thought was "If you give a mouse a cookie" too. "If you give a mom insomnia." I have those nights too, no where near as productive.

Sheri in CA