Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 28, 2011

4:30 Fragments

Mommy's Idea

You know what's so great about blogging? And Facebook? It's that when you're awake because of an aching tooth that you knew needed to be fixed, but you've been ignoring because you hate going to the dentist and you still owe them for the last aching tooth fix, you can have a conversation, albeit it one-way, with friends or other people who happen to be sleepless, too.

And what's so great about Friday Fragments, hosted by Mrs. 4444s, is that I don't have to come up with one cohesive post. Just a conglomeration of what's flitting around my head will do.

We've had one fabulous extra-curricular week around here. Annie got a part in the school play. "Into the Woods." She's Jack's (of Beanstalk fame) mother. She's having a lot of fun with it. And who knew she could sing so well? Charlie's basketball team won two tournament games this week. Last night was a hard-fought game. They were down by 1 pt with very little time left. (I say 90 seconds, he says 40). Charlie scored a basket to put them up by 1. Then on the in-bounds pass, he stole the ball and scored again, putting them up by 3. They ended up winning by 5. Woohoo! 

***********

Everyone keeps telling me that I should watch "The Middle" and "Modern Family." Now that we have our cable and DVR back, I taped them. I'm loving Modern Family. The Middle is funny, but hits a little close to home. I can see Robbie in Brick (only Robbie's not quite as articulate); it's a little uncomfortable at times. 

***********

I think I am going to apply to be on The Biggest Loser with Mike. So what if I don't have 100 pounds to lose? As someone at work so kindly put it, I'm short so they should take that into account. But that doesn't mean I won't keep trying to eat right and exercise between now and then. 

***********
True confession: I still have Christmas decorations up. The tree and the stockings are down, but all my nativities are still up. I think I'm going to have to put "Do Not Cross" tape on the couch so I won't sit down until it's done this weekend. My plan was to spend my day off today putting it all away. But since I've been awake since 3am and I have to wake the family up in less than 90 minutes, I might need to grab a nap. Besides, I have to be on my A game to cheer on Charlie's team tonight. 

***********

I hope all of you on the East Coast are fairing ok in this latest storm. We've had more episodes of snow here than I can remember for a long time. But we only get enough to be annoying -- 3 inches here, 1.5 inches there. I'm sure I'll regret saying this, but I would love to get one, big, can't leave the house for 3 or 4 days snowstorm.

***********

Don't forget my Eversave.com giveaway for people in Central Indiana (or people who wouldn't mind driving to Central Indiana for some paint-your-own pottery). One lucky person will get a $20 gift certificate to Half-Baked Pottery in Indianapolis. Click here for details on how to enter. The winner will be drawn tomorrow. Right now, your chances of winning are very good.

I think that's all I've got for now, people. Have a great weekend. You can start by clicking the Friday Frags icon above and linking to a bunch of other fragmented thinkers.

8 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Tooth aches are just miserable! I'm like you too - I still OWE from the last one & dread putting another BILL on top of it... mercy!

Modern Family has to be one of the funniest shows on right now!

Dont feel too bad - my tree just came down Sunday!!!

Joanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanie said...

Dani was Little Red when her school did Into The Woods! I love that play!

I was awake at 4:30 and just getting back to sleep. Sorry your tooth hurts.

Go Charlie's basketball team!

I saw The Middle when it first showed last year. Hated it. I'm really not a fan of much of the half hour comedies in the past few years.

Good luck on applying to the Biggest Loser!

This latest storm put 16.9 inches of the white stuff on my property.

Kathleen said...

Congrats to Annie! I LOVE "Into the Woods!" You have to let me know when they're doing the show. Also, I have the VHS tape & audio cassette tape (yeah, I got them in high school) of the original Broadway cast of "Into the Woods" if for any reason she'd like to watch/listen to it. (Gotta get those on DVD & CD.....)

Claudya Martinez said...

I only recently started watching Modern Family and I love it! I've had some really good laughs because of it.

Kay said...

wow, what a button popping moment!! go charlie!

i so hear you on the dental stuff, i avoid going whenever possible...

we are finally getting decent snow along the east coast now. i don't have to commute, so i love it ;-) i have always loved the snow, though. it is snowing again here, yaya!!!!

i also have my christmas village houses up. they are so dang pretty, i can hardly bring myself to put them away. but next week is Feb, so i suppose i must.

The Crazy Coxes said...

There is nothing worse than a toothache! I hope you are feeling better! I'm kind of jealous of the Northeast. I want some of their snow!

Coby said...

I'm so sorry about your tooth! I HATE going to the dentist - they ALWAYS make me cry! I had a root canal last year, and it was the first positive dental experience I'd ever had - no tears, no pain, they were so gentle and kind.

Good luck with The Biggest Loser! That show is so inspiring!