Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Letters from home


Tonight's Biggest Loser was abbreviated due to the President's State of the Union address. No weigh in tonight. But there was a challenge in which the 4 teams from the Ranch competed against the green team (formerly of the Ranch, then exiled to the Unknowns) to determine which house would win letters from home. The Ranch team narrowly won.

It made me think about letters. Who writes them anymore? It's kind of a lost art, isn't it? Have you ever received a letter -- in a real paper envelope with a stamp on it -- offering encouragement for something you were facing or trying to do? How did that affect you?

What was the last letter you wrote and mailed to someone? I'll issue my own challenge tonight. Write a letter this week to someone. Encourage them. Affirm them. Amuse them. Delight them.

Who knows? You just might get a letter of your own in return.

5 comments:

Cyndy Bush said...

I love letters. I started a "Snail Mail Project" on my blog, matching people up with pen pal partners who send each other real letters. I love it, in fact you reminded me that I need to write my partner a letter!

Annie said...

I got a letter a few years ago from a friend cheering me on when I lost a little weight. It meant so much to me at the time. It is a lost art nowadays, isn't it? Sad.

Annie said...

I got a letter a few years ago from a friend cheering me on when I lost a little weight. It meant so much to me at the time. It is a lost art nowadays, isn't it? Sad.

homemom3 said...

I like this idea. I haven't done it in so long, use to all the time but never got a letter back...just a call. I'm going to be sending out pictures this week so i'll write some letter to go with. Love the challenge. ;)

Anonymous said...

I need to write to my Aunt Dorothy. Thanks for reminding me.