Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Who me? Snore?

Allegedly, I snore.

Oh, all right. I admit it. I DO snore sometimes. I know this because I have, on occasion, woken myself up with my own snore.

My snoring seems to be tied to my weight. Once I hit a certain weight (and no, I won't tell you what it is), the snoring gets worse. It's not just snoring, but officially sleep apnea. I have a CPAP machine that I am supposed to use to help maintain my airway while I sleep.

It's been quite a long time since I've used my CPAP machine. When I lost 30 pounds, the snoring issue was gone, as was the waking with a headache and the crushing fatigue. However, in recent months, it's become apparent that I need the CPAP machine again -- or so Mike says.

Last night he took the boys sledding -- on one condition. That I would use my CPAP machine. My snoring has been keeping him awake at night, though I'm not sure why. I sleep through it just fine. I agreed to use the machine.

So when I went to bed at 1am last night, I took the time to wash out the tubing, the fighter pilot-looking mask, and the water reservoir. It took me about 10 or 15 minutes to fall asleep, getting used to continuous flow of air and the soft hum of the machine.

When I woke up this morning, I rolled over to find Mike already out of bed. He was asleep in Robbie's bed.

"What are you doing in here?," I asked.

"Your CPAP machine was making noise and I couldn't sleep," he yawned.

Some days, you just can't win.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

So are you going with the CPAP again or not?

Joanie said...

Get ear plugs for Mike. I have them for when John snores.

Anonymous said...

A CPAP with a humidifier - yikes, I would drown. My breath is plenty moist.

Ryan R. said...

I went on a golf outing with a snorer/CPAP user and I couldn't figure out which was worse: the waiting for him to start breathing again every 45 seconds or the breathy sound of TEN Darth Vadars when he turned on the machine!