Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Foggy Fragments

Mommy's Idea

Mrs. 4444s Friday Fragments seems like the perfect way to come out of the "ohmygoshwhoisthrowingupnowijustwashedallthesheets" fog that I've been moving in for the past two weeks. When you're finished here, be sure to pop on over to her blog for other Friday Fragments. 

**********

Visiting Mrs. 444s place tonight was a wee bit depressing because she was all happy about the Packers still being in the playoffs. I had almost forgotten the sad tale of my Indianapolis Colts until I read her cheeriness. Gee, thanks.

**********

Speaking of thanks. Thanks to those of you who voted for me in the Linking Indiana blog contest. If you direct your eyes to the right, you'll see that the 4th Frog Blog was not only the winner in the "Defies Categorization" category (is that an oxymoron?), but also came in as one of Indiana's Top 10 blogs. I don't put a lot of stock in it, but it was fun to drop those ribbons onto my layout.

**********

Congratulations to my friend Sharon who earned a nod as one of the top 20 "best parent blogs in Ohio." If you haven't checked out Sharon's blog, The Bird's Nest, pop over there today.

**********

Does anyone pay full price for anything anymore? You've probably heard of Groupon. But how about Eversave? It's a Groupon-like deal, but in my area I like the deals a little better. I really like the fact that I won a $10 credit in a drawing on their Facebook page!

**********

I'm so ready for a change of look on the blog here. I'll keep my jumping frog, but not sure what else I plan to do. Smaller fonts for post titles, for sure. Do you have any thoughts? I'd love to hear them. 

**********

I heard something very sad and very lovely today. The 9-year-old girl who died in the Tuscon, AZ shooting was buried today. Her casket was donated by Trappist monks in Iowa. They have a Child Casket Fund they use to provide donated or discounted caskets to families who lose a child. If you are interested in supporting the fund, click here.

***********

Ok, let's end with something a little more likely to make you smile:

It seems Charlie pulled a muscle in his leg at basketball practice today. After practice he learned -- the hard way -- the importance of being careful where you put the Icy Hot.




11 comments:

Joanie said...

Congrats on the top blog awards!

Oh Charlie, you didn't!

Sharon said...

Whoa!! 3 things really jumped out:
1-thanks for the shout out. :)
2-Poor Charlie & the icy hot!! (esp if it's where I'm thinking it ended up)
3-blog change. I like the font size you use, but I'll admit that I have glasses for computer use that I don't wear as I should. So maybe that's more why I love the font size. ;)

You deserved all your votes!

Caution/Lisa said...

I've never heard of eversave. Groupon hasn't offered anything that I would really like to buy, I'm afraid. Off to look at Eversave :)

Erica Saint said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! And ouch! Poor Charlie.

Beth Zimmerman said...

WHOA! Poor Charley! I remember doing that once myself! Rubbing it on right after a shower isn't much fun for some reason either! Hope the flu has run it's course in your household! We're still holding out against it but with a kid in Elementary School ... who knows!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Stopping by from Mrs. 4444-- Congrats on the wins! That's awesome.

I'm a big coupon fan and will try your suggestion out.

And, yikes! Sorry about the Ice Hot.

Have a great weekend, jj

Maude Lynn said...

Careful, Charlie!

Doreen McGettigan said...

I love Eversave!
Oh that icy hot...:)
Congrats on the win!!!

Shelley said...

Oh, no poor Charlieeeeee!!!!!

I love your font size, but I'd go with a new color and "look," while keeping your frog and your familiar two-column layout.

Claudya Martinez said...

Congratulations on the ribbons!

I like the way your blog looks now, but I totally understand being ready for change. I look forward to seeing your new design.

qandlequeen said...

Good luck working on your blog make-over. I like how all of your components work together and have a theme.