Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pain in the...

Tonight's post is compliments of the throbbing tooth pain I have going on right now.

The tooth is broken (thanks to my compulsive ice chewing habit) and was supposed to have a root canal on February 1. Yes. Almost 3 months ago. But something happened on February 1 and I had to change the appointment. Then the ice storm hit and I canceled the appointment. Then my tooth stopped hurting and I figured I had better things to do with my $600.

About a week ago, I got a really painful reminder to reschedule that appointment. It came in the form of searing, straight to my brain agony while I was chewing on some ice. (I know...)

Since then, I've been keeping up a regular schedule of ibuprofen, which seems to hold it to a dullish roar. The tooth in question is on the upper right side of my mouth, but the throbbing wraps itself around both the upper and lower right side like a very cantankerous retainer.

Tomorrow afternoon, I go for a consult to see if there's enough of the broken tooth left to try to save it. At this point, I feel like a pregnant woman in her 40th hour of labor (which I actually have experience in) -- I just. want. it. out.

So if the next post you see from me seems like it was written by someone under the influence of laughing gas, you'll know that at least my tooth doesn't hurt any more.

4 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Well then, can't wait for your next post!

Speaking of root canals, I had a first treatment in the process of my only root canal on 10/20/06. I drove to Indy I meet a man (sounds so sordid, doesn't it?) that evening.

I liked him.

We became engaged on February 20, 2007.

My root canal was finished well after that ring was placed on my finger.

Teeth issues can drawn themselves out, can't they?

(He know longer lives in Fishers, IN, now he lives here!)

Unknown said...

Good Luck - think it will be fun to read a post written under the influence of laughing gas!

Unknown said...

God love ya! That has to be the worst pain. Hopefully it will be just a dim memory very soon! TAKE CARE OF YOU!

Nate's Mom said...

Ouch! I hope you get the taken care of soon. I too am an ice cruncher. I've heard it's a sign of low iron. Might want to get that checked too.

Sheri in CA (who is looking forward to the nitrous induced post, too)