Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Walk this way...

Let your fingers walk this way to a couple of posts I have at other places:

Acting Balanced: This one is most out of my comfort zone. Heather was using her blog to promote Autism Awareness Month for April and I offered to guest post about our experience with Robbie being "on the spectrum." It's the first time I think I've really connected his name with the "a" word. 


Fit City Moms Blog: This is my usual monthly post for Fit City. This month, I was inspired by a Rite Aid commercial about 15 minutes and wrote about 15 minute starts to better health and fitness. I'd love it if you would come over and share your thoughts too.

All Things Aging: You've been there. You end up in the grocery store line that seems to move the slowest. What if the cashier is an older person? How would you respond? Visit the post and tell us WWYD?

Finally -- and I didn't write this one -- check out a special report on the Royal Wedding by my friend Sarah's 3-year-old son. Love this!

3 comments:

Joanie said...

Good posts, Amy!

I know I've made comments about a super slow cashier, but I don't think I ever attributed it to age. At least I hope I didn't!

I am amazed at how many Autism awareness ribbons and bumper stickers I see on cars these days. I don't know if the medical community is learning better how to diagnose it or what. It seems like 20 years ago, everyone was being diagnosed as ADD or ADHD.

I'm starting a new workout regimen tomorrow. I am forcing myself to get up at the crack of dawn everyday to work out. I'll be doing TurboFire, so wish me luck!

Janet said...

Great post about Robbie. Glad that you are doing better with the "words" these days. Me, personally, I HATE the word autistic. It tends to have very negative conotations, and really is describing a behavior. Yes, there are times when my son does have autistic behavior (like when he dumped $20 worth of liquid laundry detergent in the garage because it feels so good to play in!). Most of the time he just has autism.

Based on your blog, I think you are doing a great job with Robbie :-)

Calina Jane said...

You are in good habit of writing such beautiful posts. I have read your post of the health and fitness. And after that I started doing that daily. That makes my health better. You can easily take help from them.