Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, May 1, 2011

The pros and cons of 12


Consider the number 12.

It can be a nice number. There are the 12 days of Christmas. The 12 months of the year. 12 eggs in a carton. The 12 apostles of Jesus. Charlie's 12th birthday this summer.

Even the sound of the word is a bit sophisticated. "Tw-el-ve." All that blending of syllables seems a little aristocratic.

There is size 12 in clothing, which may or may not be a good thing depending on which side of size 12 you stand on. Personally? I'd be elated to see a 12 again.

A shoe size of 12 might make you happy if you are a man (or are married to a man with a size 12 foot). Although a size 12 in the women's shoe department does not carry quite the same badge of honor.

But the worst 12 there is? The most unhappy 12 I can think of today?

Photobucket

The 12 loads of laundry I need to deal with today. (There are so many, I can't fit them all in the picture, plus 2 are in the washer and dryer). 

Once they are all clean, only half of those items are going back upstairs. The other half will find their way to the Goodwill today -- even if it takes me 12 trips to get them there.

What is your favorite (or least favorite) 12?

5 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Of course, you have a load going as you post, right?

I'm going to have to think about this 12 question...Ah, a dozen cookies. That's my favorite 12. Oh no wait, 12 hours of sleep. Can you imagine? Oh, 12 hours of my husband and I just hanging out. That's a sweet one. Or, twelve more days of school (will happen 20 some days from now) when the kids seem their sweetest because they'll be moving on soon...

Momza said...

At first I didn't think I had a magic "12" in my life, and then!!!! I remembered that the grandbaby on the way this summer will bring our family to 12 people!! YEA!!!!

Amy said...

@Ellie -- 12 hours of sleep. That would be bliss!

@Momza -- Another grandbaby! Woohoo! 12 is a VERY good number in your house.

Leontien said...

haha! i had to think hard and long about my number 12... the only one i can come up with is that movie with Clooney... 12 something... see i can't even remember that one properly soo it must not have made that much of an impression...

thinking a bit longer, and if i find it, i'll let you know!

Thanks
Leontien
www.fourleafcloverdairy.blogspot.com

Nate's Mom said...

On the 22nd of this month, we will be married 12 years! That is my favorite, just to clarify.

Least favorite? 12th grade. It is SO expensive. We are in the midst for the 2nd time. My nephew will graduate next month. I am quite a proud auntie!

Sheri in CA