Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 14, 2011

TGIFragments

Mommy's Idea

Usually I'm trying to tie up all my Friday Fragments at the last minute on Friday afternoon or Friday evening and am usually one of the last to jump in Mrs. 4444s Friday Fragments pool. Not today. Today, I'm posting my Friday Fragments on Thursday night!

Why so punctual you ask, because tomorrow I'm on the road. Back up to Fort Wayne for a day-long tourism extravaganza. First stop, the Vera Bradley Outlet Sale. I have a few Vera Bradley pieces. Two -- a laptop bag and a rolling suitcase -- I bought myself. The others were given to me as gifts. But I'm really excited to go to this sale. Not so much for the deals (which are pretty blog-worthy -- a friend of mine went tonight and got an $85 bag for $28), but for the spectacle of it. It's like Black Friday shopping. I'm in it for the people watching and if I find some bargains along the way, even better.

***

PhotobucketThere was a time when I was quite crafty. I scrapbooked and stamped cards and made Christmas decorations. But that was before I had a job and kids who needed to be in 3 different places at one time. However, that old crafter in me was awakened when I saw this springy project, recycled water bottle flowers. I just might try this one or a garden full.

***

Speaking of garden -- we got the word that we're free to plant in the community garden. I can plant my lettuce now, but probably need to plant the cucumber, cilantro, tomatoes, peppers and sunflowers after Mother's Day.

***

If you follow the 4th Frog on Facebook, you know that I really, really, really miss my couch. Only 9 more days. Would it be bad if I came home from church on Easter, plopped down on the couch and didn't move for, say, 6-8 hours?

***

On Monday, I made a conscious decision to cut back on the carbs, drink fewer (1 or none) Diet Cokes, and eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies. I also was careful to go to bed at a decent hour. And you know what? I felt great! Last night, I fell asleep in the chair at 11:30pm and slept there for a couple hours before going up to bed. At work today, I succumbed to some brownies and a donut at the office. I had Diet Coke at lunch and at dinner. And you know what this time? I felt like crap. Sluggish, no energy.

***

Robbie got his soccer uniform on Tuesday. He was quite proud of it. The shirt is white (who gives 8 year old boys white shirts?!) with blue trim. So on the way home, he was going through all the possible names for his team. White sharks, white lightning, ice blades. I suggested the mighty snowmen. He wasn't so into it. But you know what name he thought was the best? He thought it up all by himself. The White Butt Cheeks. Oh yeah...

Ok folks, it's a busy day tomorrow and I'm trying to get back to that decent bedtime idea, so that's enough fragments from me. But if you haven't had your fill, stop by Mrs. 4444s' place for more Friday Fragments.

13 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I have had only two diet Pepsis in three weeks, and I feel much better. Stay strong and go butt cheeks!

Bill Lisleman said...

I'm so glad that I never liked the taste of any diet soda. My caffeine comes from coffee and I just drink regular (Dr. Pepper mostly) soda a few times a week. I've gone days without one. So I wonder if there is something more addictive to the diet variety?

Mary Bowman said...

You might want to go ahead and put your cilantro in your garden. We have grown it in our garden for a few years now and have let some of it go to seed each year. It is ALWAYS the first thing up in the spring.....before crocuses and daffodils even! I'm not really much of a gardener, but I have been adding fresh cilantro to many dishes already this spring!

LAC said...

ROFL @ butt cheeks. Too funny.

I have missed FF and this great group of bloggers. Hope to be back more steady now.

Happy gardening, we can't do anything until usually Memorial Day. But I plan, plan and plan way before then.

Eternal Lizdom said...

Haven't even read your fragments yet but had to jump down here and comment that we both named our posts the SAME THING today!!!

Eternal Lizdom said...

Wish I could go to the sale!!! I'd love a Vera laptop bag... :) Have fun and stick to that budget!

Sharon said...

Amazing how good we can feel when we give good food to our bodies, isn't it? (frustrating at times, too!)

Cyndy Bush said...

That Vera Bradley sale sounds awesome! I love a good deal.
Mmmm, I am going to have to plant some cilantro, I love that stuff. Good luck with your garden.
LOVE the team name! Go Butt Cheeks! ha

Kristin - The Goat said...

You had me clicking and reading all over the place LOL I know what you mean about the couch!! Oh My Goodness, I don't know if I could give up the couch. You are a brave brave woman. I see you still fell asleep in the chair - but it's just not the same as the couch - is it?

LOL@White Butt Cheeks.

Congrats on being early to the FF game this week!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I have a similar relationship with my recliner! By Friday afternoon at work I am dreaming of a few lazy hours in my recliner ... just me and my laptop!

I keep ALMOST giving up Coke Zero and then it sneaks back into my life. I drink more water when I'm not drinking pop and I NEED the water!

Unknown said...

Love those flowers! I am in love with anything bright and colorful these days!

doreen said...

Diet soda is so so bad for you. It makes the rats my son-in-law works with really sick and causes them to get pollups and kidney and gall stones...I'll pass
Good luck with giving it up!

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Thanks for linking to Dollar Store Crafts! Hopefully you'll find some other good projects that will whet your desire to craft again. :)