Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Could Sarah Jessica Parker play me in a movie?

PhotobucketOk, so maybe I'm not your typical "Sex & the City" type. But SJP's latest movie is "I Don't Know How She Does It," a comedy about a working mother.  That could be me. Well, the much skinnier, longer haired version of me. Or you, if you find yourself with a to-do list longer than the line at the ladies room at the movie theater.

Let me just say right now that this post will probably make someone angry. Men for one. My husband probably. I know. They work hard, they take care of kids, blah blah blah. But in most situations, we wives do more. More laundry. More cooking. More grocery shopping. More calendar finessing. I know it. You know it. The American people know it. (That's a quote from a movie I don't have time to Google right now.)

The other people who might get mad at this post are stay-at-home-moms, affectionately known on message boards across the internet as SAHMs. I've been a SAHM and I've been (am now) a working mom. And I'm here to tell you that working moms have the harder job. For realz.

I'll spare you the details on my to-do list; you probably have a similar one. But suffice it to say I've entered one of those periods of time where when my body gives out at night, my brain keeps on churning.

Where the heck is life's PAUSE button? All moms (all women!) need one from time to time.

When Annie was a baby and I was a SAHM, my PAUSE button came in the form of donating platelets at the local blood center. At the time, the process took about two hours and you could pick a movie to watch while laying there. Now they've sped up the process, so you can't count on as much relaxation time. Besides, some people don't consider being stuck with a needle relaxing.

So now what? Now, enter Eversave and its "Back to Beauty" promotion. Eversave surveyed over 700 moms and 35% said they find time for themselves once a month and their preferred way to spend that time is pampering themselves with manicures, pedicures, facials and other spa treatments.

In cities all over the United States, Eversave is offering great "me time" deals. The deal in my area is $29 for a mani-pedi from The Spa at Salon D’Va in Avon ($76 value). Eversave was nice enough to give me one for myself and one to give away to a blog reader. Plus, the lucky reader who wins this Save will also get $20 in Save Rewards added to her Eversave account.

If you don't live in Indianapolis, check out the blog carnival hosted at Mom Generations for other participating cities. Trust me. Winning this Save will be more fun than donating blood. (Though that's a totally worthwhile activity and one you should definitely put on your to-do list.)

Geesh...I suppose you want to know how you can win. Because we're all too busy for our own good, I'll make this simple. Paypal me $25 Leave a comment below and tell me what is your own personal PAUSE button?

7 comments:

Whosyergurl said...

I live in Bloomington. Is that close enough to live?
I think SJP could play you in a movie...the two of you look like TWINS. ;-)

xo, Cheryl

Momza said...

I get a PAUSE when I go to lunch with my girlfriends n' I love that time.
My BFF frequently kidnaps me and takes me shopping or to a movie.
I love that about her...I'm lucky to have her for a friend.
As for SJP playing you, I'd rather see Bonnie Hunt in that role. She's funnier than SJP and LOOKS like a Mom I could relate to.
SJP looks like she "phones in" her role as a Mother. Seriously, have you ever seen her dressed as a normal mom? Put some macaroni in her hair, smear some jelly on her sweater, then take a pic and send it to me! lol
Oops, looks like I went a little haywire here.
Working Moms should have their own Holiday.

kjluedeka said...

I pause after the DD goes to bed and the hubby is at school and I curl up in the bath with a book and some wine...

Leontien said...

haha not a SAHM but i sure would love to borrow that PAUSE button!

And definition for scull panties.... hmmm... panties with sculls on them....

I wrote a post about the fact that i have a pair and i normaly wear them to the oncologist when we go for results... it makes me feel stronger, braver somehow. i know sounds dumb but it works! hehe

Leontien

eileen said...

My PAUSE button is doing a Sudoku. I pick the most difficult one I can find online, usually the Sunday "diabolical" squiggly version, then give myself 30-40 mins to work it. When I finish it I feel accomplished, and I've been able to ignore everything else for a while.

Doesn't love a wall said...

Every Tuesday night my BFF and I got out for drinks and appetizers We catch up and complain a little. It is such a shot in the arm!!

Amy said...

I don't have one. No, really. Maybe morning Mass once in awhile? I love a good pedicure, but they don't seem to take long enough anymore. Pause? Nope.