Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Down with mediocrity

Last night I posted an entry titled "Would you go back to high school?" It detailed our Meet the Teacher night at Annie's school. But you can't read it now.

For only the second time in three years, I deleted a post. There wasn't anything untruthful in the post. I deleted it because I wasn't proud of the work. When I sat down to write it, I really wanted to convey how much I love this school. I wanted you to feel how energizing it is for your kid to have teachers who are passionate and engaged.

There is something special about this school, but there was nothing special about the post. While truthful, it was just not good. In fact, it kind of sucked. And I wanted to do so much better by the school (even though I didn't name it).

I rushed it because of some self-imposed deadline to post something. (See Wednesday's post for another mediocre example.) But it didn't do justice to the great things going on at the school and it was a of waste the time you might have spent reading it.

So it's gone. There will be another post in its place. One that will not be a waste of space or time. Thanks for reading. I hope you'll stick around.

1 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

You are entirely too hard on yourself. It was a fun post that shared your enthusiasm.