Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

You want to know WHAT?!

Yesterday at work, I found myself on the webpage of the Indiana Housing and Community Development Agency. (Just the name gets your blood flowing, huh?). I decided it would be a good idea to receive the agency's e-newsletters. So I started filling out the electronic form to register.

I immediately found the form to be a little strange. See exhibit 1.

Photobucket

Well, that's not what it says on my paychecks for Employer, but since you auto-filled it, State of Indiana, I suppose that's right.

The next thing was even more odd. See exhibit 2.

Photobucket

Can only people of a certain height receive the newsletter of the Indiana Housing and Community Development Agency? I'm only 5'2" -- hope I make the cut.

Finally it was time to enter my name. But not my whole name. Just my last name. And then I suppose, if I wasn't a member of the media, it would be ok to give them my first name, too. See exhibit 3.

Photobucket

By this time, I figured the electronic form had to be built by someone who was bored to tears with their job and was just throwing up whatever junk came to mind to make the day go faster. No, I'm not a member of the media. No, I don't work for a for-profit company. Yes, I am shorter than the average Joe. Then I got to the last question -- the one that really sparked this blog post:

Photobucket

You want to know WHAT?! As you can see in the photo above, I didn't think that was any of their business. The only people who get to know that are my doctor and the carney at the Indiana State Fair who works at the "guess your age or weight" booth.

I submitted my form with my version of "none of your beeswax." And guess what? Today I got an e-newsletter from them. Guess my weight wasn't to important to them after all.

3 comments:

CWMartin said...

Sounds like a good starting point for a crusade- if you have very little to do as well.

Momza said...

lol this cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh, Amy!

Michelle said...

Crazy questions!!! Awesome answer!!