Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 17, 2010

From munchies to frags


Eight days before Christmas seems like the perfect time to de-frag. Thanks to Mrs. 4444s for hosting Friday Fragments.

The thing most pressing on my mind right now is actually pressing on my esophagus. Holy acid reflux, Batman! I didn't take my Nexium -- make that generic omeprazole -- this morning and boy am I hurting now.

Thanks for all your prayers/positive thoughts for Robbie's dental surgery yesterday. My sister and sister-in-law didn't realize he was having oral surgery until they saw it online. Guess that's because there's an element of "my kid's teeth are rotting and I'm an awful parent" that I just didn't feel like calling everyone to share.

All went very well. They didn't have the IV clotting factor he was supposed to get, so the hematologist ordered a nasal spray instead. Woohoo! Saved him from having the IV poke and infusion. The clotting factor makes him flushed in the face and kind of hyper. Mike and I were laughing at how wound up he was after the spray. When it was go time, he walked down the hall into the OR with the nurse like it was no big deal. Of course, he wasn't quite as happy 2 hours later -- 4 fillings, 3 extractions, 2 silver crowns. The only thing missing was a partridge in a pear tree. I kept him home from school today (Thursday), but he'll be good to go tomorrow.

I'm finding there is benefit to putting off Christmas shopping until late -- Amazon.com is having some BIG discounts. Some of what I'm finding will go into hiding for birthday gifts later.

We still have to go see Santa, which we'll do on Saturday. Our options are bowling with Santa, Christmas at the farm or the Indiana State Museum. Robbie would vote for bowling with Santa, but I'm thinking Christmas at the farm sounds so festive. Of course, I might feel differently when my bones are so cold from being outside that I can't actually feel anything.

I am absolutely thankful for my job, but I so wish I didn't have work next week. The kids are on Christmas break and will be home all day, every day next week...hmmm...on second thought, I'm so lucky I get to go to work next week!

'Tis the season for great movies in the theater. It's been a while since I've seen one -- The Social Network -- was the last one. Little Fockers is on my list. Not sure what else is coming out in the next few weeks. What do you plan to go see?

Off to do something about this heartburn...Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Joanie said...

Thanks for the reminder. I just took my Prevacid.

Movies..... we wanted to see The Tourist, but I keep seeing that no one likes it.

Narnia, maybe Tron.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I don't normally go to the movies, but I saw Secretariat and Morning Glory last month. (So that means they are probably gone now!)

I don't think I could recover that quickly from that much dental work. It's good to be a kid that's for sure.

Kristin - The Goat

Claudya Martinez said...

I only get acid reflux when I'm pregnant. It sucks. My sympathies.

Kay said...

my hubby suffers from acid reflux, i am so sorry you do too!!

i am also glad robbie's dental work went well. i hate the dentist, i always get drillings or some such. i knocked out a filling and nearly cried having to go get it re-done.

WOOHOO FOR AMAZON!!!

The Everyday Mommy said...

LOVE the name of your blog! Visiting from Friday Fragments. Nice to meet you!

Sorry to hear about Robbie's dental stuff... but glad all went ok. Makes me realize we need to get the dentist on our appointment list... it has been way too long for all of us!

Hope the reflux is gone!

Happy Holidays.