Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 1, 2011

The face in the mirror

In the past few days, several people (read: more than 2) have mentioned to me that I seem angry or stressed or withdrawn and asked if I'm ok. While I have felt some of that on the inside, I wasn't aware that I was projecting that to the outside. I think that those feelings have just been around for so long, that it almost feels normal for me. It took those people holding up a mirror to help me see it.

The short answer is that I am ok. But I am also stressed and unsettled. I know a few things I can do to help.
  1. Exercise. I hate that its true, but I do feel emotionally better after I've taken a walk or gone for a bike ride.
  2. Pray. Truthfully, I've been letting this one slide. That whole "let go and let God" concept is a tough one for people like me who like to run the show.
  3. Unplug. This one is scary for me because the internet is a great place for me to escape. I can get lost in Facebook and the blogosphere for hours on end. (Shocking, I know.) 
So, I'm going to take advantage of the holiday weekend and do all three. See you on the other side of the fireworks!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I know the prayer will help, as will the exercising! Unplugging is always a good idea.

Should I say welcome back?

Stacy said...

I hadn't asked, but did notice the tone of your posts seemed different and then there were some of the tweets! I'm glad you're taking three days to relax and regroup. We all need to do that now and then and asking God to lend a hand is always a good idea. Enjoy the holiday! :)

Jen Thomas said...

Good for you! I'm going to try to follow your lead. Just as soon as I get off Twitter....

Momza said...

I could've written this today.
It's been a long week of moving, and it's been unusually hot here which makes for a crummy combination.
Get some rest, you deserve it!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Praying your little break will bless you!

Unknown said...

Don't forget to breathe, the long, deep, cleansing ones. HUGS!