Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 1, 2011

Fraggalaggadingdong

Ever have one of those weeks that seems to both crawl along and move at light speed at the same time? It seems like last weekend was 2 weeks ago, yet I can hardly believe its Friday again.

And if it's Friday, it's time for Mrs. 4444s Friday Fragments. Woohoo!

Mommy's Idea

I took Annie and Robbie to see "Mr. Popper's Penguins" at the theater the other day -- matinee pricing. Even at just $5/person, it was overpriced for the amount of entertainment the movie offered. I wanted it to be funny and sweet, but it pretty much fell short on both accounts. It did leave me with the word "yabsolutely," which I enjoy, so it was not all for naught.

***

It's been almost two months since my mother-in-law passed away. Missing her creeps in unexpectedly. I turned the TV on the other day to find Wimbledon coverage. Karen loved watching Wimbledon and seeing it on the screen made me a little teary.

***

We're going to meet my new nephew over the holiday weekend. I can't wait. Oh, and he has a name now. Benjamin. Love it. (Although my vote was for Oliver. Annie says she's going to use Oliver when she has kids. We'll see about that. When I was her age, I was going to name a kid "Letiticia.")

***

Thanks for your kind words over my mini meltdown regarding Mike's job search. He's had some good conversations with 3 or 4 contacts since then, so hopefully something will come into place soon.

***

We've reached the point of the summer where my feet hurt -- BAD. The bottoms of my feet are all dried out and cracked and painful to walk on. And the bones on the top of my feet hurt from spending too much time in old sandals. So now I'm at that embarrassing stage where I need to lather my feet in lotion, put on cotton socks and wear tennis shoes, regardless of what else I'm wearing. It's either that or hobble around. You know you're getting old when the Good Feet Store commercial comes on and you turn up the radio to hear it better.

***

Do you have big plans for the 4th? We're going to my folks' for the day. I'm planning to make homemade red potato salad and maybe some fruit salad, too. Not sure what we'll do about fireworks. My parents live on the outer edge of a small town. I'm hoping we can see fireworks from their driveway.

***

This concludes a very long day of blogging (doing some catching up on some other sites), so I'm ready to call it a night. Have a great weekend! Be sure to visit Mrs. 4444s for more Friday Fragments.

10 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

You had a meltdown?

Stacy said...

I'm glad you're feeling better about Mike's job search. An unemployed husband can be such a stressful thing...in more ways than just the financial. I'm praying something turns up before too long.

LMBO about the Good Feet Store! I so turn that commercial up when it's on and wonder if it's time to go there (I have flat feet).

Picnicing at my brother-in-law's on Sunday. Not sure what's on tap for Monday.

Have a geat Fourth!

Bethany said...

I remember naming my kids when I was younger. I wanted a little Zoe so bad. But then I fell in love and had a beautiful little girl and zoe was not meant to be...

Found you on Friday Fragments

dtbrents said...

I enjoyed your post. I'm a new follower and grabbed your button. Have a great weekend. Doylene

Claudya Martinez said...

Take care of those tootsies.

I'm hoping to spend some time with friends on the 4th.

Have a great weekend.

Beth Zimmerman said...

I wanted to have a daughter and name her Devin or Siobhan. Not an Irish bone in my body. I just like Irish names.

Praying Mike finds the perfect job for your family's needs soon!

Unknown said...

I have sandal feet too. Burt's Bees makes a fabulous line of feet products. Or you can buy better sandals!

kimybeee said...

i do believe that you were the one that mentioned heeltastic and convinced me to buy it??? why aren't you using, do i need to send you some?? lol i wear good shoes and socks at work, but i get sandal feet too. i try to put heeltastic or hydrocortisone on my feet and wear tennies and socks if mine start to get sore. my husband can also rock the pedegg when i need it.

Mrs4444 said...

Amy, I'm so sorry about your MIL--That's a tough blow to a family. I will say a prayer for your family tonight.

Benjamin, Oliver--sooooo cute. Leticia? Not so much.LOL Good thing you changed your mind on that one!

Jamie L said...

Amy... have you ever tried a 'walking sandal" ?? I used to have terrible issues with my feet. (go figure as I wear flip flops all year round LOL). I bought a pair of Merrel walking sandals, with a detachable back strap and wore those exclusively for a few months. LOVED them and no more foot pain. I only buy Reef flips. and I occassionally wear other sandals, esp. ones with heels. but I have had no other foot pain... in YEARS. for the crack heels etc. I recommend Avon FootWorks, cracked heel relief cream. I used that about two weeks in I noticed a HUGE difference. now just keep them lotioned up. HUGS