Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 29, 2011

Frags on wheels

Mommy's Idea

Today's installment of Friday Fragments is inspired by wheels. That's been the theme of the week around here this week.

First, there was the Suburban we rented to go to Amish country last weekend. I only drove it for about 30 minutes, but I did not enjoy it. I'm too short to drive something that big. Felt like I was driving a semi. BUT...I did love riding in it. There was so much room. Everyone had plenty of space. There was no "she touched me" or "I'm squished" whining. I could get used to that, as long as Mike does all the driving.

Then on Wednesday, we got to spend 4 hours tooling around Indianapolis in the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile. Frankly, it was bunderful! (I know, so bad!) I wonder if I can get one of those from CarMax?

Photobucket

Last night, we went to Lucas Oil Raceway where they were racing stock cars and midget cars (apparently the word "midget" is socially acceptable in reference to automobiles). I am really NOT a racing fan, but we had a great time. Going to the race track is like going to the movies with someone you don't like. It's ok because you don't have to talk to each other. I need to make an appointment to get a hearing aid now.

And next week, I'm taking some friends for a limo-chauffered girls' day, courtesy of one of my tourism contacts!

Finally, in the category of "spinning my wheels," I have had a heck of a time getting a uniform skirt for Annie to wear to high school. It's a long story that she probably doesn't want me to share all the details about, but let's just say that $45, 3 yards of fabric and umpteen phone calls and e-mails later, she is still skirtless. At this point, she might be showing up on the first day of school in a plaid sari.

In need of more fragments? Wheel yourself on over to Mrs. 4444s's place to hear what she's got to say today!

6 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

I don't think I;d do well behind the wheel of a Suburban and I would never be able to parallel park one.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Not sure they would have her size but I found some great school uniforms at
http://www.sophiasstyle.com/girls-clothes/school-uniforms.html and Target (online) has some good options. There was another one but I can't remember right now ...

Beth Zimmerman said...

This may be it ... http://www.cookieskids.com/default.aspx

Good luck! And I'm glad you enjoyed being a hot dog! :)

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I drive a Civic, Brad a Denali. I call it the Moose. Yikes!

Eternal Lizdom said...

Limo Girls Day- what fun!

Only wheel action around here is minivan or bike.

mub said...

I'm pretty jealous that you go to ride around in the Wienermobile. Maybe someday... haha!