Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Love never fails.

Biggest Loser logo

As I watched The Biggest Loser tonight, I was all set to blog about "The Biggest Loser: The Psychobabble Edition" and go on about Bob and all his people "swimming in a pool of cancerous self-doubt."

But the last 10 minutes of the show saved me (and you!) from all of that. While I was disappointed when Renee got voted off (did anyone really expect Vicky to vote for Ed?), this is the best I’ve felt when someone I wanted to stay got sent home. Renee and Michelle's story is truly inspiring to me.

First in New York, Michelle, talking about her renewed relationship with her mom, said "When you truly forgive someone for whatever they’ve done to you, then you don’t need anything else from them in return."

In the elimination room, I couldn't even bring myself to be sad about Renee going home. As she said herself, she may not be the biggest loser, but in terms of rebuilding her relationship with her daughter, she has already won big.

Ironically, for all of Bob's channeling of Dr. Phil, it was Renee who hit the psychological nail on the head. Love never fails. Love for a daughter or a spouse or a neighbor...or yourself.

Renee's message is one I -- and likely many of you -- can take to heart:

"Love never fails. It’s never too late to change your life."

1 comments:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

You know I totally expected Vicki to vote that way, but truth be told... she would have been smarter to vote the other way! Maybe this will be her demise. Only I don't want Heba or her hubby to win either!