Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Starting to sink in...

PPL mag

Today, for at least the 3rd or 4th year in a row, I purchased the People Magazine "Half Their Size" issue, convinced that something among those pages would click with me. Some words of wisdom, some inspirational motivation, some stark truth that would make me get off my butt, move more, and eat less.

As I was unloading the groceries at home, I pulled from the bag the People with the newly skinny folks on the cover. Next, I took out Tostitos with a hint of lime, marshmallows, mozzarella sticks, vanilla ice cream and break-and-bake Hershey Kissables chocolate chip cookies.

Hmmmm....

Better get on making that Biggest Loser application video today!

6 comments:

Annie said...

I need to get that issue! I got it last year and was motivated (for awhile anyway). If I thought I could handle being away from my little guy for a few months, I would totally apply for BL!

Sharon said...

Are you seriously thinking of applying? That would be so cool. I know it's be insanely hard, but amazing, too.

I need to get this issue of People. It's always one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

I totally think you should do it and I know you have the drive (after cussing out Jillian a few times) to win! Do it! Do it!! I'll take the kids a night each week or do whatever I can to help out! Love you sis!

Amy said...

@Sharon -- You know, I think I am serious. Even if I don't get picked, maybe listing the reasons I SHOULD be picked would be enough to get me moving...

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Amy, I think we should start a grocery store chain in Indiana that is an impulse controlled grocery store setting! I typically don't go to the grocery store saying I need to buy ice cream, chips, chocolate, etc... but when it is staring you in the face, how do you say no?

And as much as I would like to look as sensational as the contestants look on the final episode of biggest loser, I just don't think I could handle that rigorous of a work out or the emotional stress of it. I am just fine with losing at a quarter of that speed, as long as I really did lose!

Joanie said...

Amy, you are a girl after my own heart!