Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What I want to be when I grow up and other quick thoughts

Grandma2

When I grow up, I want to be an old woman who looks around a room and sees it full of people who wouldn't be there if it weren't for her and who then thinks she is the lucky one to have had those people in her life.

My Grandma turned 85 last weekend. We had a family party to celebrate the occasion. By the time Grandma's 12 living children gathered with their spouses and their children and their children's children, there were more than 70 of us waiting to sing Happy Birthday.

I love you, Grandma!

***************************
We got our first snow of the year today. Probably not even an inch, but I love it. It's soft and cozy and makes me long for the time when I could stay in the house for days at a time. The cold weather made me think that perhaps my Frog needed a little winter wardrobe upgrade too. Whatcha think? Thanks to Lindsay at Designs by Splat for the fresh look.

***************************
That snowy cold weather that I love so much is not loving me back. My knees are aching, making me feel like an old woman. Only no one is standing by with cake.

****************************
My annual shopping trip with my mom and her sisters happens later this week. So far, I've gotten one Christmas wish list to take with me:
  • Remote control Chinook helicopter
  • Megatron Transformers play figure
  • Indiana Jones hat
  • Original Star Wars poster
So that takes care of Mike. I wish the "other" kids would finish their lists.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

So that takes care of Mike. I wish the "other" kids would finish their lists.
LOL! I wish MY dh would give me some ideas.
I love your frogs' new look.
And Happy Birthday to your grandma! How amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hello. Just popped in from your comment at PastaQueen. However, I was looking for Frog #7. Any idea where he went...?

:)

Eternal Lizdom said...

Love what you said about your Grandma and your hope for your own future. Very cool.

And love the new look, too!

Kathleen said...

We SERIOUSLY need to get our husbands together! They sound like two peas in a pod! :)