Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Deja vu again

I sat down to write a post tonight about feeling restless, which is probably the reason why in the past 72 hours, I've contemplated getting a dog, going for a radically different haircut, and re-decorating Robbie's room. But as I thought about the post, it seemed familiar to me.

This is why: Restless.

And I'm recalling the quote from St. Augustine: "My heart is restless, O Lord, until it rests in You."

So I guess prayer is in order. Probably prayer that is offered somewhere else other than my car as I'm speeding toward the office, having left 15, 30, 45 minutes later than I'd intended, which is usually when I do my praying. I'm going to really work on building some quiet, reflective time into my days this week.

Oh, and Mike is home again, so perhaps that will help me feel a little more grounded, though I'm sure there will be some transitional moments as we all get used to being under the same roof again. But it feels good to have five of us here.

Your prayers for us are certainly appreciated. And as my Dad would say, we'll pray for you, too.

5 comments:

skywind said...

The people when some felt that restless or will be agitated, perhaps will be the sixth sense should?
Health information & Humor & Fun World

Sharon said...

Prayers for you all.
Transitions are hard, aren't they? Change annoys me. But like Aidan's book says, "change is inevitable, except from a vending machine!". ;)

I hope you're feeling less restless soon & more at ease.

Momza said...

So glad Mike is home. For you all. Have a great week!

Joanie said...

I'm glad to hear that Mike is home again. Prayer is always good.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

So glad you decided to bring Mike into the house instead of the dog! LOL Sorry just trying to make you smile! :)

We all need a little quiet time! Hopefully you'll be rested in Him soon!