Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 7, 2009

The best day ever



Aside from the day I got married and the days that my children were born, today just might be the BEST DAY EVER!

After an almost year-long search during that tested his emotional fortitude, my patience and at times the "for better or for worse" part of our marriage vows, Mike signed an offer for a new job this afternoon. He worked his tail off to get this offer. He starts in less than 2 weeks!

That would have been quite enough to earn the playing of the Spongebob "best day ever" song. But tonight, we came home from a party at my boss' house and I found out that I'm one of the five nominees for "Best Family Blog" to be given at the Blindy Awards at next week's Blog Indiana conference.

I'm not familiar with three of the blogs: 4tunate, MomAdvice.com, and dadsinc.org. I'll have to check them out.

But the fourth one is the blog to beat. Mooshinindy is written by Casey Mullins. She's a very funny and gifted writer and a fabulous photographer. She's a goddess in social networking spheres. If you don't believe me, note that she's also in the running for the Social Media Superstar Blindy.

So, the chances that I'll come out bearing the Blindy title of "Best Family Blog" are slim. (You can vote for me here.) But I'll worry about that next Saturday when the winners are announced. Today, Mike is the winner of a new job and I've been nominated along with some terrific Indiana blogs. It really might be the best day ever.

9 comments:

Joanie said...

Congrats on all accounts!!!

Nate's Mom said...

What a great day all around! Congrats!

Sheri in CA

Anonymous said...

I'd have to agree -- that is a pretty great day! You both deserve all the success -- you've worked hard and have persevered!!

Sharon said...

I'm so happy for you guys!
Congrats. :)

Don't know if it's legit or allowed, but I voted for you.

moosh in indy. said...

OOH I WANT TO SHARE!
Today was the first Saturday with my husband in our ENTIRE 8 YEAR MARRIAGE where he was being paid salary.
Like not hourly, SALARY.
It's the little things, really.
Good Luck and thanks for your sweetness!
xo

Cindi said...

Sounds like a GREAT day! Congratulations on your husband's new job and the nomination!

Momza said...

I VOTED! Go GIRL! You so deserve ALL THE GOOD STUFF IN LIFE!! Congrats to Mike!!!

Michelle said...

I voted for you! And I am glad to hear about your other good news. :) How many weeks till The Biggest Loser starts again?! I miss Bob!

Amy said...

Thanks for the congrats, ladies! It was a long time coming (well, the job thing).

@mooshinindy - Welcome to the world of the salaried. Of course salary is Latin for "we'll work you to death and pay you the same amount no matter how many family dinners you have to miss." But you've waited a long time too, so congrats!

@Michelle - Not sure about TBL start date. Will have to look into that.