Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 7, 2009

My 1:54 of fame (er, shame)

A few weeks ago, I filmed a spot for Angie's List about my broken dishwasher. My sister works in media relations there and asked me to help them out by telling my dishwasher story for a video news release. They sent it to news stations across the country to use for their "home" segments.

My sister Angie -- not THE Angie -- sent me the link today from a Birmingham, Alabama television station. Click here to see me live and in person. (Click on the video in the upper right hand corner of the page.) By the way, this is NOT my house. It's way too hip and clean to be my house. We filmed at the home of one the Angie's List PR people.

I watched it and immediately thought, "Oh my gawd! I look like a pumpkin!" I'm pretty sure this is going to be the video that will clinch my spot as a contestant on The Biggest Loser.

6 comments:

Momza said...

WooHOO! I know someone famous! Can I have your autograph? Do you know Kevin Costner? How 'bout Donny Osmond? Can you set me up to meet them? How about the Maytag Guy? Hmmm???

Joanie said...

Very cool!!! And I think you look great! By the way, I've been in my house for 20 years and I've had 3 dishwashers and I'm in need of another one.

LOL my word verification is fooking!!!

Anonymous said...

Not only did you make TV, but you also made the Angie's List daily media report! So EVERYONE in the company gets to see you in action!!!

Joanne said...

How very cool!! And you presented yourself perfectly!!!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

That's AWESOME!!! Did you not just see my post about knowing people on TV?! LOL Very cool! :)

Nate's Mom said...

That is so cool! It was fun to put a "live" face and voice with your blog. I'd love to sit and have coffee with you. I bet we'd get along great.

Sheri in CA